VNC keyboard problem

Hey guys..just did the upgrade to 6.8.1 and have started getting a keyboard problem using VNC to a VM. The shift + function doesn't appear to be working. The VM is Windows 10. I did an install of Windows 10 a few days ago, before I did the unRAID upgrade, and didnt have the problem. Any ideas whats happened? The keyboard is working fine when directly passed through to a VM, just VNC isnt working correctly. I have also tried Linux distros and have the same issue.

Edited by darrenyorston
updated
  • Like 1

So I have been doing some testing and it seems to be that VNC doesn't like non-104 key keyboards. Is anyone using a 65 or 75% keyboard and encountered a problem with key mapping when using VNC? I know it did work as I have some VMs which didnt have GPU passthrough and there hasn't been a problem before.

I have rolled back the unRAID update and am getting the same problem. I have tried two other keyboards and none of the shift + number functions are working in VNC. Shift + letter still changes to caps. One kb is a full size Razer and the other two are 65% and a 10 keyless kb.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Edited by darrenyorston
Update from testing

Anybody having an issue with shift + keys not working using VNC? I can change between caps and lowercase using shift but I cant add any of the special characters. I have tried from different PCs using different browsers but none of my keyboards will use special characters in VNC. They work fine if USB is passed though. I have tried a standard 104 kb as well as a 10 keyless and a 65%.

I anyone experiencing an issue with special characters not working in VNC?

I have been able to work out that if I connect to a VM from a physical machine with VNC that shift + characters work correctly. However, if I connect to a VM from a different VM that shift + characters do not work.

This is only a recent development as I have been able to work with VMs quite fine previously.

• 4 years later...

I am experiencing the same issue with the shift key not working with special characters in VNC.

Shift + o  = O but shift + ;  =  ;  (not : as expected).

This occurred when creating a VM and trying to ssh into the node from a standard shell, not the VNC session.

Any resolution to this?