Can I add this to the "go" file safely?

I got a Quadro P2000, installed the Nvidia UnRAID Plugin, and then noticed that my power usage at idle was 18W.

After some searching I found that the following command would fix this (by letting the power state go to P8 thus dropping power usage to 4W) by setting the Persistence Mode to "On":

nvidia-smi -pm 1

Will adding this to my "go" file hurt anything or should I put it in as a cron job via the User Scripts Plugin instead as a "At First Array Start Only" task?

Edited by jlficken
  • Like 1

Im guessing here, but I think it would be better to have it run via User Scripts as a First Array Start Only.

I recently tried to add a command using IMPITool to the go file but found that it would only work as a User Script. 

I think the reason for this is that IPMITool wasn't initialized yet and the array had to be started first. Since you are using the Nvidia UnRAID plugin, you may have the same issue I had with plugins not initializing fully yet (If Im correct about that anyway). 

• Thanks 1