Incorrect (annoying) Notifications about Disk Utilization

For past couple months I have been being deluged twice a day with 10 (was 4 for a while, now back up to 10) push notifications that disks are over the threshold e.g., Subject: Warning [TOWER] - Disk 10 is high on usage (76%). (See pic). It was harmless if not annoying so I hadn't done anything other than tweak notification thresholds (no effect). Yesterday I was troubleshooting an ECC error in the logs (fixed by replacing OS USB stick... who'da thunk?) and decided to try and fix this as well. No luck so far so I'm back here to see if anyone has run across this too.

I have thresholds set at 90% for warning, 95% for critical. I shouldn't be getting any notifications but for some reason it is sending them. Last night I tried resetting to default as many global disk settings as I could (see pic)

Diagnostics attached but I don't see anything in there that looks suspicious.

Screenshot_2.png

tower-diagnostics-20200113-1122.zip

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by interwebtech
5 hours ago, itimpi said:

Have you also checked the individual drives?   Any values set at the individual drive level over-ride the global defaults.

I have them set at the individual level to 95/97 as well. 

Is there a way to reset all to default so I can start fresh?

Edited by interwebtech
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having this problem as well. 
My settings (global and for drive 2):

Warning: 75 %

Critical: 90 %

Disk is sitting at 73 %
Notifications are each day at ~6.47 AM and at ~21.42. Almost every day, some days only once.

I have checked the dynamix.cfg and it has the same values as the gui.

Hopefully someone can figure this one. Thanks.

D2EFB971-E17C-4CD3-8303-5D7865AA56A4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Re-apply both the global and per disk settings, and check if that makes a difference.

Done. Now warning is at 80 % (I figured I bump it a little bit as it was close to the limit) and critical is still at 90 %

I will update this post if I receive the notifications or a couple days pass without notifications.

15 minutes ago, jorge16 said:

Done. Now warning is at 80 % (I figured I bump it a little bit as it was close to the limit) and critical is still at 90 %

I will update this post if I receive the notifications or a couple days pass without notifications.

I've done this several times to no avail.

Edited by interwebtech
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...