System Freezing up frequently (SOLVED)

Hi All,

I was running Unraid 6.8 on older hardware, then decided I would use my main pc as raid server, since installing on newer pc, the most uptime I get is around 2 hours then system locks up, where I have to hard reboot.

I am under trial unraid atm, I want my system to be stable before I purchase key.

I can download diagnostics, but I dont know what im looking for troubleshooting to fix stability issues.

I am only running plex docker at the moment, want to load vms but worried with stability atm.......Please help

If you can get the diagnostics, then download them and attach them to your NEXT post.     That will give information about your system that allows for more informed feedback.    You also might want to give some basic information about the hardware (e.g. motherboard, cpu, psu,  ram size and speed, etc) that is causing the problem.

21 minutes ago, magicman32 said:

unraid wiki says its ok

It is, but Ryzen on Linux can lock up due to issues with c-states, make sure bios is up to date, then look for "Power Supply Idle Control" (or similar) and set it to "typical current idle" (or similar), or completely disable C-sates.

More info here:
https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/670-rc1-system-hard-lock-r354/

• Like 1
  • magicman32 changed the title to System Freezing up frequently (SOLVED)

Hi Guys, I think hardware problem been fixed, I rewatched spaceinvaderone video on a ryzen build he added one bit of code to flashdrive config

kernel /bzimage
append rcu_nocbs=0-11 initrd=/bzroot

rcu_nocbs=0-11 was all I added and my ryzen build is now stable for 19 hours and counting....before I was only getting 2hrs max uptime