VM not GPU passthrough

ZALVES

Hi!

I've been trying to setup VMs on a X299 system. Both HVM and IOMMU are enabled. But still when I such error:

internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2020-01-14T15:15:36.891498Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:1a:00.0,id=hostdev0,x-vga=on,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5: vfio 0000:1a:00.0: group 28 is not viable Please ensure all devices within the iommu_group are bound to their vfio bus driver.

I have tried to turn on ACS override in the VM settings, I don't get the error and the machines start but there is no video, just black screen with no signal.

What can I do?

You have an RTX 2080 Ti. The RTX GPU has 4 devices that have to be passed through all together (the GPU + the HDMI soundcard + the USB devices). You can see all of them under device 68 (System Devices under Tools tab).

The ACS Override only masks the issue by allowing you to pass through 1 of the 4 but you must do all 4 for it to work.

I would suggest you watch SpaceInvader One guide on Youtube about vfio stubbing because you will need to stub the non-GPU devices for them to show up as "other PCIe devices" for you to select.

Also recommend you to watch the SIO guide on vbios because you almost certainly will need it to avoid the infamous error code 43.

29 minutes ago, testdasi said:

You have an RTX 2080 Ti. The RTX GPU has 4 devices that have to be passed through all together (the GPU + the HDMI soundcard + the USB devices). You can see all of them under device 68 (System Devices under Tools tab).

The ACS Override only masks the issue by allowing you to pass through 1 of the 4 but you must do all 4 for it to work.

I would suggest you watch SpaceInvader One guide on Youtube about vfio stubbing because you will need to stub the non-GPU devices for them to show up as "other PCIe devices" for you to select.

Also recommend you to watch the SIO guide on vbios because you almost certainly will need it to avoid the infamous error code 43.

Thank you testdasi! I'll will look into it