Rebuild after failed drive nets me just empty folders

Juise99

3 minutes ago, Juise99 said:

I had a drive fail, I replaced the failed drive and did the rebuild. Now that the rebuild is complete I just have empty folders for data that was on the drive.

You will never get any help with that kind of terse post.

Need details!

What happened? What did you do exactly (step by step)? Any diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics)? What do you expect to be on the drive?

Rebuilding absolutely 100% certainly cannot cause what you have described.

Drive died, I checked the array found missing directories and subsequent files. Powered off unraid. Got a replacement drive removed the old drive installed the new drive began rebuild. Rebuild finished this morning found the missing folders but they do not contain any files. Although the rebuild is complete the replacement drive only shows 30gb in use, previous drive was at roughly 2.8tb.

teletraan-1-diagnostics-20200114-1016.zip

Edited by Juise99
Just now, Juise99 said:

Drive died, I checked the array found missing directories and subsequent files. Powered off unraid. Got a replacement drive removed the old drive installed the new drive began rebuild. Rebuild finished this morning found the missing folders but they do not contain any files.

teletraan-1-diagnostics-20200114-1016.zip 112.33 kB · 0 downloads

Are you sure you did not do a format at any point before doing the rebuild?     If you did it would have created an empty file system and updated parity to reflect this.

Just now, wgstarks said:

A failed drive should have resulted in emulated content, not missing content, unless the content had not yet been written to parity.

I thought that was what was supposed to happen too. Nothing had been written to that drive in months, and it was all older data that was/is missing.

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

Disk3 had a corrupt filesystem, just needed a filesystem check, instead you formatted disk3 deleting all data, I guess the new warning didn't do much good:

377670907_Formatwarningnewv6.8.png.5285da2e1d9a9ffd9e0f9195a8e0e79d.png

I still have the original disk3 so I will look into the filesystem check. It's very possible I missed the warning, just a had a newborn and havent slept more then 4 hours straight in 2 weeks.