Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Calpulz

Unraid network issue since router upgrade

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am relativley new to unraid and have been running my own setup for about 6 months now with no issues until now.

 

My ISP is virgin media and yesterday i upgraded to virgin media 350mbit. This meant the previous Virgin Media Hub 2ac i have been using had to be replaced with their new virgin media hub 3.

 

So at first i thought everything was okay. DelugeVPN was still downloading torrents as normal. It wasn't until i added new media to Plex i noticed that metadata wasn't being downloaded. No results found.

I then noticed that the Unraid Community Applications addon also wasn't working returning the error "error from POST call get_content"

 

My OpenVPN server also isn't working even after i portforwarded the ports required.

 

After doing some research i found that some people have had issues with ipv6? Although my Unraid network settings is set to use ipv4 only.

 

If anyone could help or point me in the right direction that would be much appretiated. I havent attached any logs as not sure which logs to put.

 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Calpulz said:

I then noticed that the Unraid Community Applications addon also wasn't working returning the error "error from POST call get_content"

Post the entire message, or is it an alert?

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Calpulz said:

I havent attached any logs as not sure which logs to put.

Unless specifically asked for something else, you should always

 

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

Share this post


Link to post

The message that is given when trying to access the unraid apps, sorry it wouldn't let me copy the text so i attached as images

1.png

2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Calpulz said:

The message that is given when trying to access the unraid apps, sorry it wouldn't let me copy the text so i attached as images

1.png

2.png

Yeah, known issue with that rev.  Update community applications via the plugins tab and then we'll go from there.

 

But, since you've got a new router, what is it's IP address?  The server wasn't using DHCP and has a static IP of 192.168.0.9 but if the new router doesn't have and IP of 192.168.0.1 then you're going to have a ton of problems.

Share this post


Link to post

Wont let me update through the plugins, all my installed plugins have status "unknown" even after checking for updates.

My new router has the same default gateway of 192.168.0.1 

Share this post


Link to post

Just rename config/network.cfg on flash so it will use default network settings, which includes DHCP.

 

I always use DHCP instead of static and then reserve IPs by MAC in the router. That way there is only one place to manage the IPs for everything on my network.

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, life saver. I renamed the network.cfg as you mentioned and now everything is working. Not sure where i was going wrong with my network configuration. But i will do as you have said and reserve the IP in the router settings instead. Seems a much simpler idea

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this