after update 6.8.0 no access rights to /boot/config*

nebosa

after the update to 6.8.0, some scripts no longer ran.

My troubleshooting brought me to the fact that all files in /boot/config are set to 600!?

I am logged in as root, I cannot change the file rights!

The chmod commands are executed (without errors) but they do not change anything.

What can I do ?

Bildschirmfoto_2020-01-15_21-50-05.png

13 minutes ago, nebosa said:

no :( What can I do ?

Read the release notes where it states:

"In another step toward better security, the USB flash boot device is configured so that programs and scripts residing there cannot be directly executed (this is because the 'x' bit is set now only for directories).  Commands placed in the 'go' file still execute because during startup, that file is copied to /tmp first and then executed from there.  If you have created custom scripts you may need to take a similar approach."

On 1/16/2020 at 6:11 PM, Hoopster said:

[...]  Commands placed in the 'go' file still execute because during startup, that file is copied to /tmp first and then executed from there.  If you have created custom scripts you may need to take a similar approach."[...]

That means, I have to write to my GO-File (for every user script I have),

copy xyz.sh /tmp
chmod +x xyz.sh

And, e.g. in the s3 Sleep Plugin where I can run userdefined scripts, I have to take the scripts which are in my /tmp?

And, if I want to edit my script, I need to edit my script in "flash/config" folder, copy it again to my /tmp?

32 minutes ago, AcidRainX said:

That means, I have to write to my GO-File (for every user script I have),

copy xyz.sh /tmp
chmod +x xyz.sh

And, e.g. in the s3 Sleep Plugin where I can run userdefined scripts, I have to take the scripts which are in my /tmp?

And, if I want to edit my script, I need to edit my script in "flash/config" folder, copy it again to my /tmp?

Or have all your scrips in a folder and copy + chmod the entire folder recursively?

• Thanks 1