Cache Issues

You were trying to restore your backup of your appdata and I was helping you with that.

1 hour ago, Arcadejunkie said:

LOL this keeps getting better and better.....As I originally stated I'm still getting my feet wet.  I just looked at CA Appdata backup and it says no backups found so 

cabackup.PNG

Now, because you hit backup now instead of attempting to restore after everything got set up right you may have trashed any backups you already had.

Try seeing if there's a backup set available under restore.

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

You were trying to restore your backup of your appdata and I was helping you with that.

Now, because you hit backup now instead of attempting to restore after everything got set up right you may have trashed any backups you already had.

Doh!  Thought I was following the logic and of course I picked the wrong path.  No backup sets found.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

At this point can I still salvage my data?  If I have to redo the dockers it's not the end of the world as that is just time.  The data will be a killer though.  

1 hour ago, Arcadejunkie said:

At this point can I still salvage my data?  If I have to redo the dockers it's not the end of the world as that is just time.  The data will be a killer though.  

Earlier you posted diagnostics and a screenshot that showed you had no user shares, presumably because you had corrupted cache and broken user shares.

As I said before

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Your array disks and their data should be fine. Your docker problems are because dockers are on cache by default. If you remove cache and start the array the user shares on your array disks should be accessible.

You have possibly the largest number of files in config/shares on flash that I have ever seen. Did you really have 188 user shares? Did you intend to have that many?

Did you ever get your cache setup again, or at least removed, so your user shares are working again?

I suggest you forget completely about your dockers and wait until we agree that your system is setup well enough to allow your dockers to work.

Post new diagnostics.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Earlier you posted diagnostics and a screenshot that showed you had no user shares, presumably because you had corrupted cache and broken user shares.

As I said before

Did you ever get your cache setup again, or at least removed, so your user shares are working again?

I suggest you forget completely about your dockers and wait until we agree that your system is setup well enough to allow your dockers to work.

Post new diagnostics.

I removed the second cache drive (500G ssd) so I now have no cache drives.  When I go to shares and  add share under share names I see some of my old share names.  When I click on one and click add share nothing happens.  Here are current diags

tower-diagnostics-20200117-1726.zip

Still doesn't look like your user shares are working.

Shutdown, put your flash in your PC and let it check disk. While there, make a backup. Then go into your flash drive and delete the config/shares folder so it can be recreated based on your actual disk contents.

Then put flash back in your server, be sure to use a USB2 port, boot up, and post a new diagnostic.

18 minutes ago, trurl said:

Still doesn't look like your user shares are working.

Shutdown, put your flash in your PC and let it check disk. While there, make a backup. Then go into your flash drive and delete the config/shares folder so it can be recreated based on your actual disk contents.

Then put flash back in your server, be sure to use a USB2 port, boot up, and post a new diagnostic.

OK so I did all that and no errors on the drive.  upon booting back up I now have my shares back so my data looks intact albiet hosed from my own personal mistakes (Too many shares) and when I click on Docker and VMS they show no errors as they did before but are blank as I would expect by wiping out the app data.

tower-diagnostics-20200117-1810.zip