GPU performance loss

Hi,

After having failed to setup passthrough with a GTX 970 and a GTX 1060, I've been finally able to have it working using a GTX 1660 Ti !

I was expecting some performance loss, but I don't know if the numbers I get are good or if there is something to improve.

The average 1660 Ti 3d result of passmark tests are around 11500 points. I reach around 9500 points, almost 20% less. Is this the range of performance loss that we get with virtualized gaming ? I'm using an i5-8400 (passing 5 of 6 cores to the VM) with 8 GB of ram.

Thanks !

Edited by delivereath

Hi,

I'm running RTX 2060 Super and in 3DMark Time Spy the GPU performance tests is no difference to bare metal (default settings). Altough there is a CPU test as well and it's there where is a loss, and it depends on you VM configuration (how many cores you're passing and etc.) . 

Games normally got more performance downgrade because they're more depend on CPU & memory subsystems, but pure graphic benchmarks are mostly showing a bare metal performance.