Automatic make up after sleep

n3ro365

11 minutes ago, OOmatrixOO said:

Hi there.
I use the sleep plugin to let Unraid sleep.
Now I want the server to wake up automatically twice a day. Once at 8 a.m. and once at 8 p.m.

How could I do that? I am a total beginner in Linux and it would be nice if someone could help me. Thank you.

This is not a Linux issue!

You need an external event to trigger the wake.  Sometimes this can be simply set as a time in the motherboard BIOS.   More commonly you have another system send a WOL (Wake On Lan) packet across the network to your server (this does require your NIC to support WOL functionality and your motherboard BIOS be configured to act on it).

3 hours ago, OOmatrixOO said:

Hi there.
I use the sleep plugin to let Unraid sleep.
Now I want the server to wake up automatically twice a day. Once at 8 a.m. and once at 8 p.m.

How could I do that? I am a total beginner in Linux and it would be nice if someone could help me. Thank you.

You can create a batch file (Windows) which holds the WOL-command. Then create a Task at 8:00am and a second one on 8:00pm to execute the batchfile - done.

Of corse, the computer which holds the batchfile has to be on 😉

Other solution: Take a raspberry and create a WOL-File and implement two cronjobs for 8:00 am/pm.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-As-Wake-on-LAN-Server/

Edited by Zonediver