[SOLVED] There is not enough space on the disk to write file

J05u

Hello, i cannot move file to my unassigned drive via Krusader

Cannot change path to that drive in VM manager, highlighting everything in red

In Krusader system shows that i have only 1 mb free, WEBUI showing what i have 476 GB free

I have done preclear to that drive, run permission fix from tools, checked filesystem of that drive - nothing changed

Drive formated in XFS

fortress-diagnostics-20200118-1004.zip

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] There is not enough space on the disk to write file
  • 2 years later...
42 minutes ago, trurl said:

Not clear what your problem is.

Explain it in detail and attach diagnostics to your NEXT post in this thread.

Apologies, just realized this was in General Support.

I am attempting to move my Windows VM vdisk from my array back to an unassigned device via Krusader. I'm receiving the following error: "There is not enough space on the disk to write".

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 9.46.24 AM.png

jarvis-diagnostics-20220705-1002.zip

Most likely cause is that the path you are attempting to write to, is not the disk you think it is, rather a placeholder put there to keep people from crashing their machine by copying large files directly in to RAM.

Can you see the current contents of the path you are trying to write to? Does it match what should be on that disk?

Side note, since Unraid supports multiple pools, you probably should be assigning the disk to a new pool instead of using UD if you are planning to run the VM from there.

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2020 at 4:26 AM, J05u said:

i restarted Krusader and everything start working again...

Just going to confirm this is something i have gotten used to with Krusader.  If I mount a file system in UD, I have to restart Krusader in order to write to that mount!  It catches me out every time, then i remember...
It really sucks when im already doing another transfer, and i mount a new FS to do some work with.  Doesn't happen enough to piss me off to much tho.

Edited by miicar