All activity streams now return no results

Squid

Started around 4:25PM EST, which up until now has always been the time that the forum goes down for me for a few min, which prior to this was just a daily annoyance.  This however is lasting much longer and is officially aggravating...

Do I really have to spend time with my family now?!?!?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Still...

Notifications are the one way I am still able to easily get back to threads I am supporting.

But I don't follow any, so unless I am "pinged" or "liked" I don't get any notifications.

Has anyone heard any news about this?

Same with me.  I work completely via unRead and am only notified the CA thread.  

1 hour ago, BRiT said:

Wonder if user mentions work at all...

That's what I meant by "ping". I have also called it "tag". I've never used them on any other forum so I don't know what they are supposed to be called.

Yes they work. And some others, some of which I get emails for and some I only see if I visit the forum. I haven't specifically noticed any notifications not working. But if I didn't get notified I guess I wouldn't notice.😉

• Thanks 1

Back up.  We updated the Search feature a few days ago to use "Elasticsearch", not sure if anyone noticed.  Searches should be better and faster.

However, what happened was it crashed with "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".  We'll keep an eye on it and might have to adjust some settings on Elasticsearch if it happens again.

javajabbapun1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Something still missing.

This thread was not "starred" as one I had posted in. And in fact, nothing I posted during the "outage" shows up in my "Activity", though the posts are in the forum.

Looking at the other users on this thread I see their posts on this thread are missing from their Activity also.

Brit, for example, has things in his Activity where he reacted to posts in this thread, but his posts in this thread are not part of his Activity.

Maybe we will have to live with it, but I have no easy way to find any thread I may have responded to this past day.

***EDIT***

This post itself does show in my Activity, but the previous post in my Activity was from before the problem happened.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind so much when this happens if its a weekend and I'm at home.  Worst case I watch a chick flick with the wife.  But this one has happened while I'm at work.  Can someone PLEASE advise me on what I'm supposed to do now?!?!?   And please don't tell me to actually earn my paycheck.

• Haha 1