TV DVR Docker App

Electrohacker

So I notice now that my server is running smoothly that the app section is extremely hard to understand and navigate.  Sometimes you load an app and it just works (plex) other times you load an app and it not what you wanted at all (zoneminder).

I noticed there is a Myth TV app, but it says it only adds transcode to some other app.

I'm wondering if there is an app that can record tv, like myth backend then i can use a myth frontend to display it on a tv (hopefully using a raspberry pi)

the other option, I guess, is to pay plex their $120 lifetime fee to get the same feature baked into plex, but I know there are free options like myth

12 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Emby has DVR support included for some tuners (HDHomeRun ?) but dont know if that requires premium or not.

After having tried a bunch of different DVR options, Emby has become my favorite, but yes, it does require Emby Premier, but includes guide data. (Well worth the lifetime imo.) Easy to setup and use.

There are other options like SageTV and TVHeadend. They all were much harder to setup and the interface's left something to be desired. 

• 1 month later...