Almost all dockers - webgui - refused to connect

Hi there.

I have successfully got a number of dockers going, transmission, plex and roon all run fine.

But lots of dockers I simply cannot get past the first hurdle, because the webgui says either server is not respond or err_connection_refused.

For the most part I am using host, but have also tried various options int he networking bit.

For instance I have tried installing nextcloud, apparently its running, the log shows nothing unusual, so far as I am aware the thing is working perfectly.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.40c2321bae58cdf05a5c4c960a7dc92e.jpg

In the above my assumption is I goto myip:443?

Well that just results in connection refused, I tried with http and https just in case.

Many other dockers in that host port actually show port 80, which when I select webgui just goes straight back to the unraid main page.

Could someone give me an idea of what I am doing wrong and why I cannot access the webgui of a lot of dockers. I have also tried various Photo hosting apps, and other things always the same issue, it appears to be running but I cannot access the webgui.

Many thanks

Edited by garethsnaim
3 hours ago, garethsnaim said:

Many other dockers in that host port actually show port 80,

80 is a very common port used in apps.  What you do though is on the template you change the "host" port to be something else: eg:8080  Generally, nothing you will ever use (when set to bridge / host) will ever connect via port 80

3 hours ago, garethsnaim said:

I goto myip:443?

Easy thing to do (and recommended) is from the docker page / dashboard, you click the icon and hit "WebUI"  That takes you to the appropriate URL.

Hi there. Thats where I am going and it does not work. Says connection refused. I have tried different ports in the advanced bit of the docker set up as well. I have had this issue on numerous dockers. However this one has been updated in the last few days so I was hoping it would work. 

Other dockers work find but so far as I can tell its all very similar in the templates.

I just find it bizarre there are no instructions for these various dockers, I guess because they should 'just work' and the user follow the instructions for the actual software, but I cannot get past first base.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, garethsnaim said:

Can anyone offer any insight to why this is happening, lots of dockers etc I would like to try but I cannot access web GUIs?  I have changed their web gui ports, no dice.

Not without screenshots, diagnostics etc.  Open a new thread with your problems, and attach them there

• 2 years later...