myMain 1.5 - Now Integrated into unmenu

Hi bjp999

Hi bjp999,

Currently drives with more than one partition are being flagged as having HPA.  For drives with NTFS filesystems it's most lilely not HPA but just multiple partitions on a Windows drive. 

I have a second partition on my cache drive for a swap file and apps. It is a Western Digital WDC_WD5000AAKS. It does not report hpa. The second partition does not show up on mymain [not a problem for me].   It reports "Couldn't find drivedb[sdj2]" but it is probably because I have it mounted as: mnt/mysystem

I am using unRaid 5.0beta10

Reed

Is your cache drive formatted as reiserfs, not NTFS?  I was testing on a 4.7 machine when I noticed it in case that's useful information.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi bjp999

Hi bjp999,

Currently drives with more than one partition are being flagged as having HPA.  For drives with NTFS filesystems it's most lilely not HPA but just multiple partitions on a Windows drive. 

I have a second partition on my cache drive for a swap file and apps. It is a Western Digital WDC_WD5000AAKS. It does not report hpa. The second partition does not show up on mymain [not a problem for me].  It reports "Couldn't find drivedb[sdj2]" but it is probably because I have it mounted as: mnt/mysystem

Reed

Is your cache drive formatted as reiserfs, not NTFS?  I was testing on a 4.7 machine when I noticed it in case that's useful information.

Yes both partitions are reiserfs.

Hi bjp999

Hi bjp999,

I have a second partition on my cache drive for a swap file and apps. It is a Western Digital WDC_WD5000AAKS. It does not report hpa. The second partition does not show up on mymain [not a problem for me].  It reports "Couldn't find drivedb[sdj2]" but it is probably because I have it mounted as: mnt/mysystem

Reed

What size drive are you using and do you have latest myMain update? Update is now available from "User Scripts Check for unMenu Updates" button thanks to Joe L

Reed

Hi bjp999

Hi bjp999,

Currently drives with more than one partition are being flagged as having HPA.  For drives with NTFS filesystems it's most lilely not HPA but just multiple partitions on a Windows drive.  

I have a second partition on my cache drive for a swap file and apps. It is a Western Digital WDC_WD5000AAKS. It does not report hpa. The second partition does not show up on mymain [not a problem for me].   It reports "Couldn't find drivedb[sdj2]" but it is probably because I have it mounted as: mnt/mysystem

Reed

Is your cache drive formatted as reiserfs, not NTFS?  I was testing on a 4.7 machine when I noticed it in case that's useful information.

What size drive are you using and do you have latest myMain update? Update is now available from "User Scripts Check for unMenu Updates" button thanks to Joe L

Reed

It's a 500GB Seagate.  ST500630AS.

Edit:  Ok, tried latest and still the same result.

Hi bjp999,

Currently drives with more than one partition are being flagged as having HPA.  For drives with NTFS filesystems it's most lilely not HPA but just multiple partitions on a Windows drive.  

Actually myMain only identifies potential HPA.  Hence the "HPA ?".

If it turns out to not be an HPA, you can set the drive attribute "hpa_ok" to "1" on the drive attributes configuration sheet.  The "HPA ?" should disappear.

myMain was never tested with multi-partitioned disks.

Hi bjp999,

Actually myMain only identifies potential HPA.  Hence the "HPA ?".

If it turns out to not be an HPA, you can set the drive attribute "hpa_ok" to "1" on the drive attributes configuration sheet.  The "HPA ?" should disappear.

myMain was never tested with multi-partitioned disks.

NTFS partitions are probably not ever going to be HPA.  No point in making users set that attribute.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI to myMain followers.  I sent an update to Joe L. tonight with updated myMain files for better support in 5.0b6a.  Please try it out and let me know if you have any problems.  A couple of new features ...

It has the HPA detect feature.  It is pretty simple - just looks for "552" as the last three numbers of the partition size (as reported by unRAID).  All modern drives are sized this way, but older (IDE drives may not be and you may get false HPA positives.  If unRAID finds the value is something else, the status column will turn orange and it will say "HPA", with hoverable text explaining that you might have an HPA.  You can set a custom drive attribute "hpa_ok".  If set to 1 it will ignore the check.  If set to 0 is will cause the error to be shown (easy way to test to see what it looks like).

Another feature is ability to set a custom drive attribute called "smartopt".  If it has a value, the "-d ata" parameter will not be sent to smartctl, and instead the value of the "smartopt" custom drive attribute will be sent.  Setting "smartopt" to "-A" works for drives on the BR10i controller.

Let me know how it goes with this version.  I didn't do a lot of backward version testing (except 4.7), so if you do see anything strange happening with an older version, please let me know.  Can't promise anything, but I'll take a look and see if I can fix it.

Remember I just sent them to Joe so it may take him a little time to deply the fixes.

had first some issues with understanding above

but a little looking around made it clear :)

so we just need to add a few lines in mymain.conf

like this (adapt the disks for your server's SAS drives)

#SetDriveValue(index, attribute, value) (index can be a serial number, md# (e.g., md1), or device (i.e., sda).  Using the serial number is recommended.

SetDriveValue(md10,smartopt,-A)
SetDriveValue(md12,smartopt,-A)
SetDriveValue(md14,smartopt,-A)
SetDriveValue(md15,smartopt,-A)

just look for the first line in mymain.conf and add your disks below...

Temp working fine now on mymain

had first some issues with understanding above

but a little looking around made it clear :)

so we just need to add a few lines in mymain.conf

like this (adapt the disks for your server's SAS drives)

#SetDriveValue(index, attribute, value) (index can be a serial number, md# (e.g., md1), or device (i.e., sda).  Using the serial number is recommended.

SetDriveValue(md10,smartopt,-A)
SetDriveValue(md12,smartopt,-A)
SetDriveValue(md14,smartopt,-A)
SetDriveValue(md15,smartopt,-A)

just look for the first line in mymain.conf and add your disks below...

Temp working fine now on mymain

It's actually easier than that.  Just click on the "Id" column value (last few digits of the serial number) from the myMain default view screen.  It will bring up a screen like the following.

On the first unused line under the drive attributes (see balloon that says "Add your own drive settings"), enter the attribute name "smartopt" and value of "-A" (omit the quotes).

You have to do this for each drive on the BR10i (and some other) controllers.

mymain6.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just incase it affects some it seems that when the ID tag is hit to set drive attributes, if your browser is mozilla it won't come up. You just get a whole lot of html code.

Works fine with IE

Thanks Josh

I was able to correct the issue by editing two files.  The config and utility links are not sending html headers for text/html.

First edit 99-unmenu-myMain-Config.awk and change these lines at the top from this:

#ADD_ON_TYPE=awk
#ADD_ON_HTTP_HEADER=NO
#ADD_ON_OPTIONS=-f drivedb.lib.awk -f unmenu.base.lib.awk -f utility.lib.awk

to this:

#ADD_ON_TYPE=awk
#ADD_ON_HTTP_TAGS=NO
#ADD_ON_PAGE_HEADING=NO
#ADD_ON_HTTP_HEADER=YES
#ADD_ON_OPTIONS=-f drivedb.lib.awk -f unmenu.base.lib.awk -f utility.lib.awk

Next edit 99-unmenu-utility.awk and change these lines at the top from this:

#define ADD_ON_TYPE    awk
#ADD_ON_HTTP_HEADER=NO
#ADD_ON_OPTIONS=-f unmenu.base.lib.awk -f utility.lib.awk

to this:

#define ADD_ON_TYPE    awk
#ADD_ON_HTTP_TAGS=NO
#ADD_ON_PAGE_HEADING=NO
#ADD_ON_HTTP_HEADER=YES
#ADD_ON_OPTIONS=-f unmenu.base.lib.awk -f utility.lib.awk

The go to the User Scripts page in unmenu and click the Restart Unmenu button.

Thanks to Joe L. for unmenu and bjp999 for MyMain!!