Device Disabled, Content Emulated

It has been a long time since I had to touch my unRAID.  I am running V6.7.2.  One of my disk has an X next to it and when I hover over the X it says "Device Disabled, Content Emulated".

I have spare disks, but I cannot recall the proper procedure or steps to replace this troubled disk.  Can someone give me the steps to swapping out the troubled disk with one of my spare?  Thanks in advance.

My array is back after replacing the failed drive with a spare.  However, I was not able to hot swap the drives as I had assumed and had to reboot the server before the new drive was recognized.  Doesn't unRAID support hot swapping of drives?

Basically, I stopped the array and swapped the failed drive for the spare.  However, the spare drive did not become available for selection until I rebooted the server.

Edited by mifronte
25 minutes ago, mifronte said:

My array is back after replacing the failed drive with a spare.  However, I was not able to hot swap the drives as I had assumed and had to reboot the server before the new drive was recognized.  Doesn't unRAID support hot swapping of drives?

Basically, I stopped the array and swapped the spare drive for the spare.  However, the spare drive did not become available for selection until I rebooted the server.

Try rescanning scsi bus. Run this command in console / ssh / script.

rescan-scsi-bus

1 hour ago, mifronte said:

However, I was not able to hot swap the drives as I had assumed and had to reboot the server before the new drive was recognized.  Doesn't unRAID support hot swapping of drives?

There is no hot-swap for array drives officially supported.   Whether you can do it simply by stopping the array seems to depend on a variety of factors such as motherboard, bios, Linux kernel, disk controller etc.  I know the actions you tried would work on my server without needing a reboot.