Split level and allocation method recommendations

Hi guys

I'm using unraid primarily as my movie server. I have mostly mkv files, but have quite a few full uhd folder backups that I play on my oppo player. There are multiple folder and subfolder directories that are several levels deep for these backup files. 

I've run into problems as of late bc my movies share is set to a split level of 2 to accommodate the backup folder files. When I try to transfer files to the share, I run into disk space errors bc disk 1 is almost at capacity despite having 3 tb free for the share.  I can only get files into other disks by using krusader to get it on individual disks as opposed to transferring it to the share, which is not ideal. 

I'm thinking of making a share specific to these backup files since I don't need as many split levels. 

So instead of movies/folder backups/Gemini man it would just be folder backups/Gemini man/folder/subfolder, with everything under Gemini man being included. 

I could then get away with setting split level to "1", right?  If my understanding of this is flawed, please let me know. 

Also, since I plan to add 3 more disks soon, I wanted to use "most-free” as my choice as opposed to high water and fill up. I don't just want one disk working all the time since my unraid server is pretty much only for movies. I've read most-free my not be as ideal. Is there a reason why?

6 hours ago, itimpi said:

If your Split Level setting is too restrictive then you will potentially still get problems as Split Level over-rides the Allocation Method or Minimum Free Space setting when choosing the disk for a file.

Yeah, plan on loosening up the split level.  I think by placing the folder files in a different share, i can get away w/ a split level of 1 deep.