Migrated from FreeNAS

SteveTh3Pirate

So,

FreeNAS to unRAID, by far the best decision I've made in the last year to do with my home server. Reason being is, recently I've been thrown a tonne of errors by failing drives, Jail updates corrupting etc etc. I thought that migrating would be relatively easy (It was), thinking I could save my 4TB of movies and 3TB of TV-Shows, I saved the movies but have to lose the TV Shows, sucks but with Sonarr its super easy to redownload. So installation was a breeze, it took me 10 minutes to install the CA and find all the Dockers I wanted, basically mirroring my FreeNAS Jails, 10 freaking minutes!! On the BSD side it took a few days to get everything set up in a way I needed, having to manually start my vpn on sabnzbd, unRaid its automatic like wut! Everything runs smoothly and my RAM is far better optimised! I mean I need to give the server a few days to settle etc and see where we go. But anyone thinking about the move from FreeNAS to unRaid, it's easy and realistically with multiple drives and decent mounting software on windows you can save most of the data. Takes time but worth it! 

Look forward to the next few months figuring out all the amazing CA's out there to fiddle with! 

Peace!

• Like 1