Replace failed drive with 2nd parity drive

Well it has finally happened. After 7 years of service one of my WD 2tb green data drives has finally bitten the dust.

I’m currently a little strapped for cash and wasn’t planning on any upgrades any time soon however I do want to get this drive replaced.

In my array I have two 4 tb WD red drives as my parity

so what I’m looking to do and to see how this is done is using the second parity drive as the replacement for the disabled drive. 
If this is possible how do I go about doing this with out any data loss. 

It should be possible to just assign existing parity2 to the data slot you want to replace and let it rebuild, but I'm not sure if Unraid will allow that without New Config. And if New Config is necessary the invalidslot command would also be required. So I will punt to @johnnie.black on this one.

While waiting, go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

16 minutes ago, Drazzilb said:

so what I’m looking to do and to see how this is done is using the second parity drive as the replacement for the disabled drive. 
If this is possible how do I go about doing this with out any data loss. 

Removing a parity disk is covered here in the online documentation.   Since you started with 2 parity disks you will still be protected against a single drive failure (which is the current state of your data disks).   You can now use the 4TB disk you just removed and follow the Normal disk replacement process.