[SOLVED] Community Applications Can't Connect

rmp5s

Hi!

Not sure why, but Community Applications can't connect and it's telling me I need to "set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220" and try again.

I know what DNS servers are and all that, but that's pretty vague.  Can anyone shed a little more light on what that means?

Thank you!

• rmp5s changed the title to [SOLVED] Community Applications Can't Connect
14 minutes ago, Squid said:

It's simply suggesting ti use a static DNS instead of whatever your router is using and is telling you where to set it

I am still getting the error so I decided to uninstall and reinstall Community Applications.  Uninstalled and it won't install.  

I noticed that, when I go to the terminal and try to ping out, I get no responses.  How can unRAID not have any network access but the VMs do?  Am I missing something?

image.thumb.png.6395dbb02aa5f763cdd26a6047431520.png

• rmp5s changed the title to Community Applications Can't Connect

Greetings,

I had a weird quirk like this a few weeks ago. This may or may not be your problem. You can check in two ways:

- In Settings -> Network - make sure your default route is set to the correct gateway.

or

- In terminal type either:

ip r

route

Route can take a moment to finish - check the default route is set to the proper gateway.

You should also check that you don't have any odd routing - you'll likely have 4-6 routes for internal routing which is fine - they should generally only point to internal (non routable) networks.

You can quite possibly sort this out using the Network Settings - delete the wrong route and add a new default route. 

Verify the correct settings are seen in /boot/config/network.cfg - edit if needed.

In Terminal you could do it this way:

You can try deleting and adding a new default gateway.

Using the information you gathered earlier - note down the correct interface - probably br0 and the correct gateway IP address and the incorrect ones then:

# route delete default gw <incorrect gateway ip> <incorrect current interface>

and then

# route add default gw <correct gateway ip> <correct interface>

you might need to finish with:

# ip route flush cache

Hopefully this helps,

Del

Edited by Delarius
accidentally pressed save earlier
15 minutes ago, Delarius said:

Greetings,

I had a weird quirk like this a few weeks ago. You can check in two ways:

- In Settings -> Network - make sure your default route is set to the correct gateway.

or

- In terminal type either:

ip r

route

Route can take a moment to finish - check the default route is set to the proper gateway.

You should also check that you don't have any odd routing - you'll likely have 4-6 routes for internal routing which is fine - they should generally only point to internal (non routable) networks.

Verify the correct settings are seen in /boot/config/network.cfg - edit if needed.

You can try deleting and adding a new default gateway.

Using the information you gathered earlier - note down the correct interface - probably br0 and the correct gateway IP address and the incorrect ones then:

# route delete default gw <incorrect gateway ip> <incorrect current interface>

and then

# route add default gw <correct gateway ip> <correct interface>

you might need to finish with:

# ip route flush cache

You nailed it, my friend!  I scrolled down to the routes and it was aaaaaaaaaaaall screwed up.  Route delete, route add, boom.  Good to go.

Thank you!!

• rmp5s changed the title to [SOLVED] Community Applications Can't Connect