[V. 6.7.2] How to: Get acces to data/folders of dockers/containers/apps?

Hi to eveyone :) ,

I'm trying out unRAID for 1 day now and started to play around with all of those applications. Right now I'm having a hard time with Pi-Hole. Unlike all the other applications, I can't get acces to the folder or rather even see the data structure of Pi-Hole. This is kind of strange, because I had to delete (for resetting purposes) a file in Plex and it worked fine, now I want to add some blacklist_txt in the folder, because Pi-Hole doesn't remember them when unRAID was shut down once. After the start, you would need to add them again through the WebUI of Pi-Hole, kind of annoying. 

So I reinstalled Pi-Hole, changed the paths (which I actually have no clue about), but the folder of Pi-Hole still isn't available through SMB on appdata, altough it seems like one variable is attaching "etc/pihole" to "mnt/appdata". Besides that, I also cant run any comand lines out of unRAIDs WebUI (like checking the ipv6 status with "lsmod", "grep", etc...).

Is this fixable too? Because it seems like I need to set Pi-Hole as the IPv6-DNS too, because some ads are poping through. This is a very nice tutorial: https://adminforge.de/dns/pi-hole-ipv6-und-die-fritzbox/ . (It's in German, but with google translator it should be somehow readable.) Problem is, I neither have acces to the folder structre nor the console of Pi-Hole. 

I've been trying to accomplish getting acces to the console and folders as well as enabling IPv6-DNS through Pi-Hole for the last 6 hours, but it seems like the steps in the tutorial aren't swapable. I need to to exactly what's written and cant force a IPv6 through "variables" while installing Pi-Hole when using Prefixed-ULA (->"fd00:xxxxxx) on the network router. 

I guess by now I've created a big mess with reinstalling Pi-Hole on several paths. It's also not resetting when reinstalling to an old path. When getting acces to the files, I would need to delete all of this garbage in the first place.

Now I just wanted to ask for some help, because this is just driving me crazy and I have no solution to this. :)

Ps. Attached some screenshots of Pi-Hole settings. IPv6 is enabled through unRAIDs GUI. 

pihole3.PNG

pihole1.PNG

pihole2.PNG

Edited by Kazino43
11 minutes ago, Kazino43 said:

"etc/pihole" to "mnt/appdata"

This is definitely wrong. As is that other mapping. /mnt/appdata is not a path to any disk or user share, so it is in RAM.

I just pulled up the pihole template and those are not the default mappings for me. Try again from scratch. Take a look at where your plex is storing its appdata and I think you will see the difference.

Thank @trurl for your help! :)

1. Indeed it is not the default mapping. Default is " /mnt/cache/appdata"  But how can I start from scratch? When I delete Pi-Hole as a Container and select "also remove image", the config files still are somewhere I can't see them, because when reinstalling Pi-Hole, the webUI still has configs I made from the previous install. 

Had the same problem with plex, I wanted to reset it, but removing the image and reinstalling it didn't delete the config files, so deleting the files helped right there. So is there a way to delete the old, crapy files from Pi-Hole on "mnt/cache" or "/mnt/appdata".

2. Besides that, why is the 1./2. standard Host path "mnt/cache" for Pi-Hole and for Plex i.e. "mnt/user/plex"? Should I change it like in the screenshot? Would this be the correct installation path?

pihole4.PNG

The appdata for each docker is where that application keeps its data. And that doesn't get deleted. In this particular case if you use a different (correct) path then it won't use the other appdata where the old settings are. And since those are in RAM they wouldn't survive reboot anyway. 

You seem completely lost on dockers in general. Best if you get where you can understand them and you will not have to get people to tell you how to set up each one. 

On mobile now so can't get you links, but take a look at the FAQs pinned near the top of General Support and Docker Engine subforums. Spaceinvaderone has a YouTube channel which might work for you also. 

I'll check back later when I get to my computer.