[Support] selfhosters.net's Template Repository

On 7/4/2022 at 10:31 PM, Slarti123 said:

Thanks, everyone:

Solved.

For the record (and others):

1) Traccar:

The template createa a folder called "traccar.xml". You have to delete that and upload the linked XML file, instead (and of course, do not autostart the docker, before).

For some reason, that created a container that was never ever able to start again, even though I manually copied as described.

Had to remove the container, delete the image, manually delete all data in "appdata" and then set everything up from scratch as desribed above.

2) TVH:

to give you the full picture: still not sure about the initial reasons. Still, similar solution: completely delete container, image and "appdata". New, clean setup. Works now...

Thanks a lot!

Hey guys having this issue trying to get the container started have used the documentation and template to get the xml with MySQL db backend also using ChatGPT for some rough Gutenberg and having no luck as I keep getting the below.

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.Parser.ent(Parser.java:1994)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.Parser.step(Parser.java:471)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.ParserSAX.parse(ParserSAX.java:477)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.ParserSAX.parse(ParserSAX.java:411)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.ParserSAX.parse(ParserSAX.java:374)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:97)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.PropertiesDefaultHandler.load(PropertiesDefaultHandler.java:83)
        ... 19 more
2024-02-23 22:53:04 ERROR: Main method error -  - SAXParseException (... < Config:46 < <gener:-1 < *:-1 < ... < Main:116 < ...)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: com.google.inject.CreationException: Unable to create injector, see the following errors:

1) [Guice/ErrorInjectingConstructor]: RuntimeException: Configuration file is not a valid XML document
  at Config.<init>(Config.java:42)
  at MainModule.configure(MainModule.java:116)
  while locating Config

Learn more:
  https://github.com/google/guice/wiki/ERROR_INJECTING_CONSTRUCTOR

1 error

======================
Full classname legend:
======================
Config:           "org.traccar.config.Config"
MainModule:       "org.traccar.MainModule"
========================
End of classname legend:
========================

at org.traccar.Main.run(Main.java:146)
        at org.traccar.Main.main(Main.java:110)
Caused by: com.google.inject.CreationException: Unable to create injector, see the following errors:

1) [Guice/ErrorInjectingConstructor]: RuntimeException: Configuration file is not a valid XML document
  at Config.<init>(Config.java:42)
  at MainModule.configure(MainModule.java:116)
  while locating Config

Learn more:
  https://github.com/google/guice/wiki/ERROR_INJECTING_CONSTRUCTOR

1 error

======================
Full classname legend:
======================
Config:           "org.traccar.config.Config"
MainModule:       "org.traccar.MainModule"
========================
End of classname legend:
========================

at com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:589)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.injectDynamically(InternalInjectorCreator.java:190)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:113)
        at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:87)
        at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:69)
        at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:59)
        at org.traccar.Main.run(Main.java:116)
        ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Configuration file is not a valid XML document
        at org.traccar.config.Config.<init>(Config.java:64)
        at org.traccar.config.Config$$FastClassByGuice$$9a3fc4.GUICE$TRAMPOLINE(<generated>)
        at org.traccar.config.Config$$FastClassByGuice$$9a3fc4.apply(<generated>)
        at com.google.inject.internal.DefaultConstructionProxyFactory$FastClassProxy.newInstance(DefaultConstructionProxyFactory.java:82)
        at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.provision(ConstructorInjector.java:114)
        at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:91)
        at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:300)
        at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:40)
        at com.google.inject.internal.SingletonScope$1.get(SingletonScope.java:169)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:45)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.loadEagerSingletons(InternalInjectorCreator.java:213)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.injectDynamically(InternalInjectorCreator.java:186)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.util.InvalidPropertiesFormatException: jdk.internal.org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; 
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.PropertiesDefaultHandler.load(PropertiesDefaultHandler.java:85)
        at java.base/java.util.Properties.loadFromXML(Properties.java:986)
        at org.traccar.config.Config.<init>(Config.java:46)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: jdk.internal.org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; 
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.ParserSAX.panic(ParserSAX.java:652)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.Parser.ent(Parser.java:1994)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.Parser.step(Parser.java:471)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.ParserSAX.parse(ParserSAX.java:477)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.ParserSAX.parse(ParserSAX.java:411)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.ParserSAX.parse(ParserSAX.java:374)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.impl.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:97)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.util.xml.PropertiesDefaultHandler.load(PropertiesDefaultHandler.java:83)
        ... 19 more

[Backblaze_Personal_Backup] I don't know how long this has been an issue for me, simply because I just noticed it within the past 2-3 weeks after a mishap replacing a drive and its data rebuild, but Backblaze_Personal_Backup is taking forever to upload stuff, hanging at around 0.6-0.7 Mb/s. No matter what I set for the manual throttle or the maximum number of backup threads or if I set it for auto, it doesn't materially change the upload speed at all; on my main Win11 desktop, I also have Backblaze installed to back it up and it shows a last file transfer speed of somewhere between 2.5-6 Mb/s and both machines have 2.5Gb cards and are on the same Google Fiber symmetrical gigabit connection. Even when my Unraid box is serving stuff on Plex, it's still got plenty of CPU, disk I/O, and network headroom much of the time to have much better upload speeds to Backblaze and it seems like it did upload more on par to my desktop at some point in the recent past, so I wonder if there's an issue with the docker.

455704686_Screenshot2024-02-25112931.png.c2b521d7e9d975b6ac86d137030076c7.png

Backblaze speed test through a Chromium docker on my Unraid server:

1865707175_Screenshot2024-02-25114811.thumb.png.a394aa9db8893ce17b996120dc9e6647.png

Edited by TedStriker

[scrutiny]

Something seems to have gone awry with the template, as updating it or installing with the defaults (changed port in my case) results in:

docker run
  -d
  --name='scrutiny'
  --net='bridge'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="Pacific/Auckland"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="kitsune"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="scrutiny"
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8080]'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/selfhosters/unRAID-CA-templates/master/templates/img/scrutiny.png'
  -p '8585:8080/tcp'
  -v '/run/udev':'/run/udev':'ro'
  -v '/dev/disk':'/dev/disk':'ro'
  -v '':'/opt/scrutiny/config':'rw'
  -v '':'/opt/scrutiny/influxdb':'rw' 'ghcr.io/analogj/scrutiny:master-omnibus'

docker: invalid spec: :/opt/scrutiny/influxdb:rw: empty section between colons.

[scrutiny]

Just tried to update from last version and not only did it not update, it removed from Unraid.  I get the following error:

docker run
  -d
  --name='scrutiny'
  --net='bridge'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="America/Chicago"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="scrutiny"
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8080]'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/selfhosters/unRAID-CA-templates/master/templates/img/scrutiny.png'
  -p '8080:8080/tcp'
  -v '/run/udev':'/run/udev':'ro'
  -v '/dev/disk':'/dev/disk':'ro'
  -v '':'/opt/scrutiny/config':'rw'
  -v '':'/opt/scrutiny/influxdb':'rw' 'ghcr.io/analogj/scrutiny:master-omnibus'

docker: invalid spec: :/opt/scrutiny/config:rw: empty section between colons.
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

```

Edited by mattw
6 hours ago, TenThirty said:

Your not the only one to have this issue @TedStriker have a look at https://github.com/JonathanTreffler/backblaze-personal-wine-container/discussions/130

what fixed it for me was clearing the backblaze appdata folder and reinstalling v8.5 as the last 2 releases of v9 were getting slow speeds even after reinstalling though its worked for others.

[Backblaze_Personal_Backup] Thanks for the tip... I've read through that thread. I've tried doing what you said you did (installing BB v8.x in the v1.7.1 docker), I've tried rolling back to v1.5 (where the BB install should have still been v8.x), I've tried taking the latest tag off and setting it to v1.7 and v1.7.1, and, so far, I'm having absolutely no success.  During all of this, I've deleted the docker image with the docker uninstalls and deleted the Backblaze_Personal_Backup appdata folder each time, I've tried pinning cores, I've tried setting the docker to privileged, all to no avail. In fact, I'm worse off now, because now I can't even get past the initial drive analysis during install, it just hangs right at the end, no matter which version of BB I'm trying to install, even though I can see all of /mnt/user in the D drive in Wine Explorer:
602251624_Screenshot2024-02-26201152.png.a7ed29d20b571956aa28fdcf6b44c2c2.png

Last time I just sat and left it alone, BB and/or Wine eventually crashed and became unresponsive, so I basically had to start all over again. It has been a multi-hour exercise in futility today...

Edited by TedStriker
On 2/26/2024 at 8:15 PM, TedStriker said:

[Backblaze_Personal_Backup] Thanks for the tip... I've read through that thread. I've tried doing what you said you did (installing BB v8.x in the v1.7.1 docker), I've tried rolling back to v1.5 (where the BB install should have still been v8.x), I've tried taking the latest tag off and setting it to v1.7 and v1.7.1, and, so far, I'm having absolutely no success.  During all of this, I've deleted the docker image with the docker uninstalls and deleted the Backblaze_Personal_Backup appdata folder each time, I've tried pinning cores, I've tried setting the docker to privileged, all to no avail. In fact, I'm worse off now, because now I can't even get past the initial drive analysis during install, it just hangs right at the end, no matter which version of BB I'm trying to install, even though I can see all of /mnt/user in the D drive in Wine Explorer:
602251624_Screenshot2024-02-26201152.png.a7ed29d20b571956aa28fdcf6b44c2c2.png

Last time I just sat and left it alone, BB and/or Wine eventually crashed and became unresponsive, so I basically had to start all over again. It has been a multi-hour exercise in futility today...

Finally, success! With TenThirty/10Thirty's help over in the Github thread on this issue, I got everything back working like it should; sure, it's a bit of a trial-and-error bodge (for now, till the issue with the latest BB installer builds is resolved; the v1.7.1 docker and its Wine install is just fine), but BB is working again like it should.

https://github.com/JonathanTreffler/backblaze-personal-wine-container/discussions/130

Edited by TedStriker
  • Thanks 1
On 1/18/2024 at 4:05 PM, bubbadrk said:

That is exactly what I have. Possible your permissions are different but I doubt it. Have you tried deleting the container and erasing the appdata and re-installing with these settings?

Wouldn't deleting the bz_done files in ProgramData/Backblaze/bzdata/bzbackup/bzdatacenter corrupt your online backup?

• 2 weeks later...

Need a bit off help with adminer

Went to Github and tried to do the sqlite password less but no-go

I even tried copying the login-password-less.php on plugins folder to plugins-enabled folder and restarting, still no-go

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

On 2/8/2024 at 8:46 AM, drparton21 said:

On Backblaze_Personal_Backup, I do not see a D drive. I only see a C and a Z. Also, when I try to point the temp folder for it at z:\anything (or z:\d_drive\temp, even), I get a message telling me that backblaze doesn't have read/write access to that folder. However, it's a folder that I applied chmod777 to, even. Not sure where to go from here--- has anyone else ran into this?

Did you happen to find a workaround for this? I am having the same issue. 

I have prometheus up and running with a few inputs. but I am unable to get pihole the pihole exporter connected to this. 

The exporter is running, the ipaddress and port are added to the prometheus yml but its state is always down. Not sure where to go and trouble shoot from here. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 5:58 PM, LifeOfStew said:

Im trying to install/update the Backblaze Personal docker and when I launch the web UI i get a black screen.  I saw the information on the install but im unsure where I type that into to possibly fix it.  attached is my log when I run the docker 

Were you able to get yours up and running?

I'm having issues accessing the D:\ drive within the container. Any suggestions?

Have attached a convo I had with Claude AI after feeding it the github installation instructions. It shows how I've installed it, as well as the exact issue I'm currently facing, and the end of the convo.

Also @TedStrikerif you're able to have a look? Appreciate any help

Claude AI Backblaze Personal Setup.pdfClaude AI Backblaze Personal Setup.pdf

Claude AI Backblaze Personal Setup-compressed.pdf

Edited by icarus69
tagged user

I have an issue with my Duplicacy Docker.  It shows there is an update available, but when I got to apply the update I get an error message that says "Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?".  Anyone else run into this before?

Thanks!

[Backblaze_Personal_Backup] Well, in addition to the slow upload speeds I and (mostly) other Unraid users that run the BPB docker have been having and trying to mitigate for at least the past 2-3 months, now I'm having a new issue since yesterday afternoon: the BB UI just keeps showing that everything is up-to-date and, when I hit the 'Backup Now' button, it scans and finds no changes, even though I know there have been file changes in my source folder/'drive'. While BB was uploading for me the past couple of weeks at, max, about 20 Mbps (per Glances; BB's numbers under Settings->Performance are about 0.62-0.63 Mbits/sec max) with numbers of threads maxed at 100, it was at least uploading something; it's not even doing that now and it's not even showing an obvious error or anything.

I really don't want to get conspiratorial, but this, along with the speed issues that primarily appear to be affecting Unraid users using the backblaze-personal-wine-container docker since about January-February or so, really makes one of Ian Fleming's more-famous quotes pop into my head ("Once is coincidence. Twice is happenstance. Three times is enemy action."). Hey, it may very well be ongoing bugs with the BB application and/or the docker and hopefully it'll be fixed, but I kind of wonder if BB has finally "fixed the glitch" on what has to be some of their heaviest users.

Edit: Leaning more toward "bug" at this point, because it finally started uploading again... *sigh*

Edited by TedStriker
On 4/14/2024 at 3:41 AM, Kilrah said:

That usually means the template isn't on your unraid usb drive anymore. Can you also not "edit" it?

Correct, there is no edit option.  How do I get the template back onto the unraid USB?

Unpackerr. In FOLDER mode.... I have it set up to unpack to another folder.

The unpacked folder and files have permissions of Read/Write   Read only    Read only.

I want to be able to delete on an SMB share.

I've used both...

UN_FILE_MODE

UN_DIR_MODE

variables and although it says it's setting them to 0777 thats not the case and I'm unable to delete them?

Edited by Lien1454
21 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Restore it from your last flash drive backup.

I checked my back up and don't see it on there.  I had a flash drive die last winter and for some reason that docker must not have made it into the backup and onto the new drive.  Any other ideas how to fix it?

Edited by dbs179
On 2/23/2024 at 12:41 AM, yoleska said:

Well, crud - looking at the Status > Command-Line Flags, I see this:

--storage.tsdb.path    /prometheus

That should be /prometheus/data.   I'm not sure how the best way to change this.  

I noticed this too when troubleshooting why my docker.img was filling up. The mismatch was causing the Prometheus container to use a docker volume instead of the appdata path. I'm not sure if this is the correct way to fix it, but here is what I did and it seems to be working so far.

1. Stop the Prometheus container
  2. Open an Unraid Terminal Window and type:
    docker container inspect prometheus

3. In the Mounts section there should be a "Type": "volume". Copy the path in the "Source": field
    1429123628_Screenshot2024-04-23at10_14_41AM.thumb.png.8abb610d468c924f5826bc25afb5bc1d.png
  4. Copy the data from that volume to the appdata folder:
    cp -a <<Source Path>> /mnt/user/appdata/prometheus/data

860951954_Screenshot2024-04-23at10_39_35AM.thumb.png.d68d933edd2ecf1456cc43f3ddb44f95.png

5. Edit the Prometheus container:
    1. Click on Show More Settings ... 
    2. Edit the Appdata setting158275213_Screenshot2024-04-23at10_26_30AM.thumb.png.30401d0a0fc9d7c08cd662c26539dc08.png

3. Change Container Path from /prometheus/data to /prometheus1696055630_Screenshot2024-04-23at10_27_33AM.png.6aa7bbbdc71fc5f49a087d2ce1b69320.png

4. Click Save then Apply
  6. You should be able to start the container now
  7. Once you're happy with everything you can clean up the Docker volumes with
    docker volume prune

943630441_Screenshot2024-04-23at10_46_06AM.png.eb81b78e563d06256f1cd71f09fa27b2.png

Hopefully this helps!