Unraid OS version 6.8.2 available

limetech

Yes I do have a UPS. None of the clocks in my house are reset so I don't think it was power related. I'll keep an eye on the logs to see if anything else weird happens. Is this user script the best way to capture logs leading up to a crash?

#!/bin/bash

mkdir -p /boot/logs
FILENAME="/boot/logs/syslog-$(date +%s)"
tail -f /var/log/syslog > $FILENAME

20 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

Yes I do have a UPS. None of the clocks in my house are reset so I don't think it was power related. I'll keep an eye on the logs to see if anything else weird happens. Is this user script the best way to capture logs leading up to a crash?

#!/bin/bash

mkdir -p /boot/logs
FILENAME="/boot/logs/syslog-$(date +%s)"
tail -f /var/log/syslog > $FILENAME

Probably better is this option that is available in current Unraid releases.

updated from 6.7.2 to 6.8.2, unable to start array.

array tab just shows reboot or shutdown, looking at logs:

Jan 28 18:24:02 husky emhttpd: error: mdcmd, 2721: Device or resource busy (16): write
Jan 28 18:24:02 husky kernel: mdcmd (47): stop 
Jan 28 18:24:02 husky kernel: md: 1 devices still in use.

husky-diagnostics-20200128-1832.zip

thinking it may be the recent security change...

removing this line from my go file and rebooting:

cp /boot/custom/docker-shell /usr/local/bin

looks like that was the culprit... went and and just deleted this script since it's not really needed (was checking it out from a spaceinvader video)

I know in the 6.8 notes it mentioned about the go entries no longer having the +x bit and you'd have to copy the files off.. but why did this kill the array from being able to boot? or was it just some fluke (I do not have array auto start enabled)

Edited by zoggy

I updated two of my three servers. On one, the VM Manager was set to disabled after the reboot. No apparent loss after re-enabling which is fortunate because I have ten custom tweaked VM's that I would find unpleasant to redo that work. On the other machine, a VM that had vanished sometime in the past was now available after the reboot.

So, what's the best way to back up the VM settings? Stopping the array and backing up /mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img ?

7 hours ago, jbartlett said:

I updated two of my three servers. On one, the VM Manager was set to disabled after the reboot. No apparent loss after re-enabling which is fortunate because I have ten custom tweaked VM's that I would find unpleasant to redo that work. On the other machine, a VM that had vanished sometime in the past was now available after the reboot.

So, what's the best way to back up the VM settings? Stopping the array and backing up /mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img ?

I've had this problem with earlier releases when changing other configuration options. Never really did figure it out, but it never seemed to happen when I wasn't messing with things so I wasn't to worried about it. In my case I never seemed to lose anything, just an annoyance since I had to reboot after re-enabling.

2 hours ago, SpecFroce said:

My W10 VM refuses to boot. It freezes during startup. This was not a issue in the previous version. 

I haven't had this particular issue but one of my first troubleshooting steps is to create another VM using the same settings. Sometimes, something gets funged up in the XML that isn't visible in the GUI and it isn't obvious if you aren't intimately familiar with every part of the XML.

• limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic