Unraid OS version 6.8.2 available

limetech

I have a Synology diskstation which uses rsync to backup to my UnRaid server. It was working fine on 6.7.x but having upgraded UnRaid to 6.8.2 my Synology can no longer connect. Any suggestions on what to look for to figure out what has caused the issue?

I have a separate user called "backup" on UnRaid that has read-write access to the private backup share.

I've included the rsyncd.conf file, however the backup doesn't even get to the point of starting. Other than the upgrade from 6.7.x to 6.8.2 nothing else was changed on either UnRaid or Synology.

rsyncd.conf

13 hours ago, TheWombat said:

I have a Synology diskstation which uses rsync to backup to my UnRaid server. It was working fine on 6.7.x but having upgraded UnRaid to 6.8.2 my Synology can no longer connect. Any suggestions on what to look for to figure out what has caused the issue?

I have a separate user called "backup" on UnRaid that has read-write access to the private backup share.

I've included the rsyncd.conf file, however the backup doesn't even get to the point of starting. Other than the upgrade from 6.7.x to 6.8.2 nothing else was changed on either UnRaid or Synology.

rsyncd.conf 830 B · 4 downloads

Unraid 6.8 does no longer allow scripts to run directly from the USB device.

There are two possible solutions:

1. Start the script using bash. E.g. bash <script-name>
  2. Copy the script to /tmp, chmod +x <script-name> and execute /tmp/<script-name>

Since 6.8.1, the linux kernel included supposedly included the fix for threadripper 3 where the MCE=off boot option was no longer required.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the case? Also, are you able to actually read the ECC log if you have ECC memory?

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.4-4.19-4.14-MCE-Fix-TR

Thanks!

Edited by bitcore

Updated from 6.8.0 to 6.8.2 - Spun down all the VMs and Dockers first. Went well. No issues with Plex docker (upgraded it too!) Had one issue with the Windows 10VM, but after resetting the GPU and Chrome remote desktop interface, it worked fine again. Thanks!

Edited by rollieindc
  • Thanks 1

Upgraded from 6.6.6. It took me a while to want to move away from the number of the beast.... Alas, security et. al.

Seems to be OK. VM boots fine. webgui feels faster/snappier.

Running on very old hardware (circa 2008): Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, core 2 quad Q9550, 8GB, Arecca ARC-1880IX-12

• Thanks 1
On 1/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, scubieman said:

Does this support 9th gen igpu? 9700k ?

It appears this uses  4.19.98 and i need 4.20. This correct?

I’ve seen people say that the 9th Gen iGPU has actually been working since they upgraded to 6.8.0, which seems weird since it’s still not 4.20. Have you tried it out on any stable release since 6.8.0?

I had problem booting after upgrading to 6.8.1 where the server came up with a random IP address and was unresponsive by both the console and GUI.  It took a cold boot where I had to manually completely power down the server.  It gave me a scare.

So I would like to be prepared before I upgrade to 6.8.2.  What should I be backing up on the flash just in case I have to redo the flash?

Ok, just updated and the server rebooted with some random IP address of 169.264.246.72 so this means I can't access the GUI.   My network is 10.168.x.x so I don't know where it is getting its IP address.

I am going to create a support thread.

Edited by mifronte
  • limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic