Unable to passthrough RX 5600 XT to Catalina

Jared24

Hello,

I have been trying to passthrough an XFX RX 5600 XT to Mac OS with hardly any luck. I have successfully gotten it to work on my Windows 10 VMs.  Mojave VM's detect it as a RX 5700, which works fine but without graphic acceleration. When I try to pass it through in a Catalina VM however, it fails to boot leaving me with the message "2020-01-26T20:40:19.218679Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio: Unable to power on device, stuck in D3". VNC works fine before and after attempting passthrough.

I have tried the suggestions from https://khronokernel-3.gitbook.io/catalina-gpu-buyers-guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu which includes adding a boot argument and certain kexts. This did not result in any changes. 

I understand that the card is extremely new, but it has the same PCI ID as the RX 5700 XT which people seem to have no issues with at all. Is there anything noticeable that I am doing wrong here? Has anybody gotten a RX 5600 XT fully working on Catalina/Mojave?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Edit: Trying out a MSI RX 5700 XT yielded the exact same result.

My specs are Ryzen 2700X, Aorus B450m Motherboard, 16GB DDR3 3200MHZ

catalinaxml.txtvmlog.txt

Edited by Jared24
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...