VM Pausing randomly(ish) might be related to opening applications

Hi all,

Looking for some help. I have a Windows 10 VM that randomly goes into a paused state and I have to forcefully turn off the VM before I can switch it back on.  The freezing is somewhat random but it does appear that 9/10 times, I can make it happen by opening some applications that are stored on a drive that is passed through to the VM.

I found some older posts that talked about the cache driving being full and that being the cause of the pausing. I have run the commands from those posts but they have not helped. My cache drive also currently has over 200GB free.

I had a look through the attached logs but couldn't see anything that meant anything to me.

**Adding more info**
When the VM pauses the monitors which are plugged into the passed through GPU dont switch off, they continue to show whatever was on the screen when the VM paused

Added new logs "claron-cloud-diagnostics-20200128-1804.zip" I recreated the issue for clear logging.
I start the VM @ 18:01.30

The VM pauses @ 18:03.35

Thanks in advance for any help

claron-cloud-diagnostics-20200127-1856.zip

claron-cloud-diagnostics-20200128-1804.zip

Edited by bigdazza18
Added new logs
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

It's not cache space, do you know the date/time when it last paused?

Around 1730, maybe just before. It has done it a couple of times since about 1630 as I was making changes to the VM config and causing it to happen 

Edited by bigdazza18
wrong time
9 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Don't know if this an error or normal

vfio-pci 0000:08:00.0: No more image in the PCI ROM

Check if this is logged when starting the VM or after it pauses.

Attached some new logs. Recreated the issue.

I stopped the VM and then clicked start @ 18:01.30

VM started and then I opened an application which normally causes the issue and the VM went paused @ 18:03.35

claron-cloud-diagnostics-20200128-1804.zip

OK, so the PCI ROM message appears to be normal, this one just below isn't so normal, but might be unrelated, since it was right after start:

Jan 28 18:01:39 Claron-Cloud kernel: vfio-pci 0000:0b:00.3: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x0000 address=0x000000007ffd3000 flags=0x0000]

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any errors logged when it paused, maybe someone else will have an idea.