[SOLVED] Lost all my dockers - please help

I was preparing to upgrade my cache drive so I was updating some of my configuration to match spaceinvader's youtube instructions.

I had all my dockers on my cache drive under /mnt/cache/dockers/dockerimages, but the docker config for Default appdata storage location was pointing to /mnt/user/appdata so I updated this to /mnt/cache/dockers/dockerimages.

At the same time, I deleted my appdata share as it was empty and not in use.

I also moved my docker.img from /cache/docker.img to /cache/dockers/docker.img and updated the setting under docker config.

Then all my dockers dissapeared from the menu, so I reversed everything, but they are still all gone.

I don't remember all the configuration settings I need for all my dockers, how can I get this back without recreating them?

*EDIT* Thinking back, there was 2 or 3 directories in the appdata user share that I deleted before I deleted the share, I thought these were from old docker installs as not all my dockers were listed, but I'm guessing now these were not old, and deleting them cause this problem?  I probably have no choice but to re-install all the docker images from scratch, trying to remember all the configuration settings somehow.....?????

Edited by Glimmerman911
16 hours ago, Glimmerman911 said:

trying to remember all the configuration settings somehow.....?????

All of the paths, ports, etc will be fine.  Reinstall them via Apps / Previous Apps and they'll be all set up the same way.  But, if you've deleted the appdata share for those apps, then all of the data (ie: watched status, etc) will need to be redone from scratch.

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

All of the paths, ports, etc will be fine.  Reinstall them via Apps / Previous Apps and they'll be all set up the same way.  But, if you've deleted the appdata share for those apps, then all of the data (ie: watched status, etc) will need to be redone from scratch.

None of my apps are showing up under Previous Apps unfortunately, I don't remember which version of apps I had installed it has been many many years since I touched them.  For example, I think I had binhex for Plex and sabnzb and such, but not sure.  

I still have the install folders for each of the apps, any way I can tell through them?

23 minutes ago, Squid said:

3 reasons for nothing to show up under previous apps

- Docker isn't enabled (There should be a big banner across the top of the screen)

- Everything is already installed

- You've also deleted the contents of /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user on the flash drive

Very strange, I have enabled Docker, and nothing has been touched by my flash drive.

Oh well, time to start reinstalling everything from scratch, I will figure it out.

Thanks for the assistance, greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2020 at 10:32 AM, Squid said:

3 reasons for nothing to show up under previous apps

- Docker isn't enabled (There should be a big banner across the top of the screen)

- Everything is already installed

- You've also deleted the contents of /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user on the flash drive

@Squid I may be in this boat - what happens if one somehow deleted the dockerman templates-user?

I've already tried restoring from CA-AppData Backup, and no luck. I have all the appdata still in tact. i've deleted and tried recreating the docker image, still no luck. happy to post logs if necessary. Thanks in advance

For anyone that finds this post in the future, i solved my issue too thanks to backups of my flash drive.

• rebuild docker image, then with the service disabled,
  • navigate to backups -> /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user 
  • then copy the docker xml's from backup location to the actual flash drive -> /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user
  • Then start docker service, go to CA, previously installed apps and the list should be repopulated for reinstallation
  • Like 1