Unraid not returning IP Address on boot

Hello,

For some reason, my computer is not obtaining an IP address from the network when I boot up Unraid.  The system worked a while back, but has been turned off for several months.  When I started Unraid, I got the following message:

unRAID Server OS version: 6.8.2

IPv4 address: not set

Tower login: 

I did change the bonding to "no" and got the same message.  Attached is my log file.

Any help would be appreciated.  

tower-diagnostics-20200130-1548.zip

Edited by craignan
wrong version
6 minutes ago, craignan said:

Hello,

For some reason, my computer is not obtaining an IP address from the network when I boot up Unraid.  The system worked a while back, but has been turned off for several months.  When I started Unraid, I got the following message:

unRAID Server OS version: 6.6.6

Tower login: 

I did change the bonding to "no" and got the same message.  Attached is my log file.

tower-diagnostics-20200130-1548.zip 108.23 kB · 0 downloads

Delete /config/network.cfg on the flash drive and reboot

3 minutes ago, craignan said:

Hello,

I just tried that a I have the same issue, IP not set.

You can manually edit network.cfg and set a static IP address and see if the server boots properly with that.

To set a static IP address edit your network.cfg to look like this:

# Generated network settings
USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="10.1.18.xxx"  (make xxx a number you know is currently available on your network; like 150 or something high)
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[0]="10.1.18.1"  (this is just an example, set this to the IP address of your router/DHCP server)
DNS_SERVER1="1.1.1.1"  (these are the cloudflare public DNS servers, you could also set them to google; 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)
DNS_SERVER2="1.0.0.1"
BONDING="no"
BRIDGING="yes"

45 minutes ago, craignan said:

Hello,

After deleting the network.cfg and rebooting, the cfg file was not present.  I created a file, added the information above (changing what had to be updated) and now I get:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.5 took too long to respond.

Check network cable, try another known working cable. You could make a backup copy of your Unraid USB drive then download the Unraid USB creator tool from the website and do a fresh install of a newer version of Unraid and copy over the config folder from the backup copy to the fresh install except don't copy the old network.cfg.

Edited by jpowell8672
1 hour ago, craignan said:

Hello,

unRAID Server OS version: 6.6.6

Tower login: 

tower-diagnostics-20200130-1548.zip 108.23 kB · 0 downloads

Your diagnostics show Unraid v6.8.2 but you have v6.6.6 listed above. You have 2 nics? did you try both?

Hello,

I do have 6.8.2 installed, that was from my original install.  I've replaced the network cable with a known good working cable. I've gone ahead and reinstalled unraid on the flash drive as I didn't have anything of importance before. I have the on-board nic and a 10g network card. I haven't tried the 10g connection as of yet, would take some time to finish setting things up to use it. So far I'm still not able to get it to work.

4 minutes ago, craignan said:

Hello,

I do have 6.8.2 installed, that was from my original install.  I've replaced the network cable with a known good working cable. I've gone ahead and reinstalled unraid on the flash drive as I didn't have anything of importance before. I have the on-board nic and a 10g network card. I haven't tried the 10g connection as of yet, would take some time to finish setting things up to use it. So far I'm still not able to get it to work.

It must be going to the 10G NIC, remove it so you only have the 1 onboard NIC and make sure it is enabled in the bios.

• 5 weeks later...

I have similar issues I see on the screen

unRAID Server OS version: 6.8.0-rc5

IP4 address : not set

IP6 address : not set

followed by login prompt.

This machine has not be active for 4 month, after a house move, just switched it on.

Any help greatly appreciated. Managed login with the user root and no password, what to do now.

Now logged in everything normal please disregard post.

Edited by oOSGearOo
more info + solved for me
  • 7 months later...