Your server has run out of memory, and processes (potentially required) are being killed off. You should post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums

Hello, I am kind of a noob. I had my tower for maybe 2 years now. And I have this error now.

Your server has run out of memory, and processes (potentially required) are being killed off. You should post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums

Here is the diagnostic. I am not sure where to start. If anybody has any way to let me know what to fix, I would love that.

Thank you!

tower-diagnostics-20200130-1914.zip

Ok so I think it is due to

Jan 30 02:05:31 Tower kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 866 (Plex Media Scan) score 852 or sacrifice child
Jan 30 02:05:31 Tower kernel: Killed process 866 (Plex Media Scan) total-vm:14252080kB, anon-rss:13953224kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB
Jan 30 02:05:31 Tower kernel: oom_reaper: reaped process 866 (Plex Media Scan), now anon-rss:0kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB

Plex Media Scan seems to be the culprit.

I am not sure what to fix for then..? I just added more agents to scan to Plex recently cuz it was not finding any covers for the new content I added. Could it be the cause?

You can try to limit docker memory usage by adding this to the "Extra Parameters" box (you need to turn on Advanced View)

--memory=4G

The above will limit the docker memory usage to 4G. That usually force the docker to behave less aggressively with memory usage.

If the docker still misbehaves and uses more memory than it's allowed, it will be killed as a priority over other processes.

Note that without the memory limit parameter, the process that is killed is not necessarily the culprit.

It's usually just the one using the most memory.

• Like 1