[SOLVED] Execution Error when I try and passthrough a GPU

Hello,

I am getting the following error when trying to pass through my RTX 2060 Super to my virtual machine:

"internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2020-02-01T14:27:59.749795Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:01:00.0,id=hostdev0,x-vga=on,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6: vfio 0000:01:00.0: group 1 is not viable Please ensure all devices within the iommu_group are bound to their vfio bus driver."

Please see image of my iommu groups:

Screenshot_20200201_143107.thumb.jpg.5477d5dd8ec82871974f92c8f32bd1f4.jpg

Virtual Machine configuration:

Screenshot_20200201_143312.thumb.jpg.d7f875f2cc8ebca2b48cab912b964df8.jpg

Looking on some other posts it seems to suggest that I will need to turn on PCIe ACS.

Wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions as currently I'm running a part sync as I'm adding a second parity drive. So can't reboot at the moment. 

Edited by Conmyster
Just now, Squid said:

Doubt if ACS override will help here, but it won't hurt.  The problem is that your video card also includes a USB controller which must also be passed through to the VM.  

Hmm and how would I go about passing the USB Controller of the GPU to the VM as that doesn't look to be an option within the GUI. I'm guessing I will need to switch to XML view and add it?

If you use the VFIO-bind method to block out the other devices from the OS, then they will probably appear in "Other Devices"

New vfio-bind method.  Since it appears that the xen-pciback/pciback kernel options no longer work, we introduced an alternate method of binding, by ID, selected PCI devices to the vfio-pci driver. This is accomplished by specifying the PCI ID(s) of devices to bind to vfio-pci in the file 'config/vfio-pci.cfg' on the USB flash boot device.  This file should contain a single line that defines the devices:

BIND=<device> <device> ...

Where <device> is a Domain:Bus:Device.Function string, for example,

BIND=02:00.0

Multiple device should be separated with spaces.