[support] Vaultwarden (formerly Bitwarden_rs)

On 2/10/2020 at 4:54 PM, Roxedus said:

Makes sense. I would very much like to know what it is in case you narrow it down

Not exactly user error, but doing it in CA in a way that it wasn't designed to do.  Or put another way, a bug in CA that's been there for a few years that no one else noticed because the procedure the users were using differs from the instructions.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to set this up with no luck.  I've had the mprasil version working for quite some time.  Tonight I stupidly renamed thhis container the same as as the old one and now it's gone so I can't even go back to it for a working install.  So I now have no way to access my passwords.  I would love some help.

Should the ADMIN_TOKEN be the same as the master password?  what about the admin email?  One of the posts mentions a config.json file but I don't haver one in my appdata folder.

22 minutes ago, RockDawg said:

Should the ADMIN_TOKEN be the same as the master password?

So bitwardenrs:server is drop-in replaceable with mprasil's container. The same environment variables and so on.
ADMIN_TOKEN is unrelated to the admin password, it's a string you create yourself. Either generate a random one (preferred), or just button smash on your keyboard. You don't really need to remember it, as you can change it if you really need to go into the admin panel.

I have the  new BitwardenRS app installed.  My old Mprasil install is now gone.  I'm pretty sure the new one is pointing to the old appdata folder.  I can get in to the admin page (the old install didn't have that).  If I try to login in to the Chrome extension that I usually use with my old username and password, it says incorrect user or password.

This isn't working as well for me as the old container/install.  I use the Chrome extension most often and there is a 2-3 second delay when I click on the Bitwarden extension icon and it opening.  Also If I add a login on one computer it doesn't show up on in the Chrome extension on another computer unless I logout and log back in.  I never had either of those issues before.

Here it is:

#BITWARDEN
# make sure that your domain has dns has a cname or a record set for the subdomain bitwarden 
# This config file will work as is when using a custom docker network the same as letesencrypt (proxynet).
# However the container name is expected to be "bitwardenrs" as it is by default the template as this name is used to resolve.  
# If you are not using the custom docker network for this container then change the line "server bitwardenrs:80;" to "server [YOUR_SERVER_IP]:8086;" Also remove line 7

resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
upstream bitwarden {
    server bitwardenrs:80;
}

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    server_name bitwarden.*;
    include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
  client_max_body_size 128M;

location / {
   proxy_pass http://bitwarden;
    proxy_set_header Host $host;
    proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
  }

location /notifications/hub {
    proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
    proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
  }

location /notifications/hub/negotiate {
  }
}

Everything works except the email sending from Bitwarden_rs. Email address is fully functional. Followed spaceinvaders guide, incl domain, dns, etc. Getting this error in my log:

thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Io(Custom { kind: Other, error: "failed to lookup address information: Temporary failure in name resolution" })', src/mail.rs:40:23

note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace

Any ideas ?

• Roxedus changed the title to [support] Vaultwarden (formerly Bitwarden_rs)