inexpensive replacement board

JDunn82

So to be completely honest this build has been gimped along about 5 times now with replacement boards/cpu/ram and looking for a better solution i hope. So where I am at now is about 5 months ago I had a handful of drives going so at that time I decided it was time to move from a pc case with hotswap bays to a server case. that went well other than I did not think through the fans and the current board there is no way for pwm fans to work without adapter to pull it from the cpu one. This should not be a issue and just go into the bios and set the fans to just run full throttle. well the bios is non accessible on this board anymore it just locks up if you try. I have attempted the resets and such as well. So now it sits in my server closet with AC/box fan running to keep it at proper temp. So with that long rambling story I am looking to just replace the board/cpu/ram with something that will hopefully function same as what I have if not better and hopefully be a bit more reliable.  I use the unraid for quite a few things such as plex/sonarr/radarr/sab/deluge/crashplan/openvpn/pihole 

CPU: i5-3350P @ 3.10Ghz
Mobo: Asus P8H61-M LE
Ram: 16Gb DDR3

(This was my son's pc I stole after the i7/32gb of a similar build crapped out on me last summer) I am running a SAS card out of the pci-e other than that there is nothing really special with this. I would at some point like to have virtual machines but I think that is a job for a new build when budget permits. 

I have seen new biostar s1155 boards available still, they are basic, 4 SATA 2 dimm but cheap.

For a platform update, b360/b365 chipset will give you 6 SATA + 1 or 2 nvme gum stick drives you can use for cache along with at least x16 and x4 PCI-E slots.

Pentium gold g5400 is cheap and almost the same performance as your current CPU. Plenty of options to spend a lot more money on CPU's but for storage / Plex iGPU transcode Pentium fine at $70

You'll need DDR4, I dont think the board will run more than 2666Mhz so don't buy anything too high end.