acozad1: log full

acozad1

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with my log filling up. It has taken about 15 days to get to this point and I am starting to get a little worried. I have posted my diagnostics to this post in hopes of some assistance. I have uninstalled atop after reading the above post, just in case that would help me as well.

Thank you for your help on this.

extraodinary-diagnostics-20200202-1941.zip

9 hours ago, acozad1 said:

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with my log filling up. It has taken about 15 days to get to this point and I am starting to get a little worried. I have posted my diagnostics to this post in hopes of some assistance. I have uninstalled atop after reading the above post, just in case that would help me as well.

Thank you for your help on this.

Post a new topic - log filling up can be due to many causes.

Also, attach the diagnostics AFTER your log has filled up so it's more apparent what caused it.

11 hours ago, acozad1 said:

I have uninstalled atop after reading the above post, just in case that would help me as well.

You would also have to reboot to get the log space cleared out. If you were running atop that is a likely cause. Why were you running it?

In fact, looking at your syslog it appears you have probably installed everything in Nerd Pack, just because you could, I guess. Don't install anything that you aren't using and that you might not even know what it is.

1 hour ago, testdasi said:

Post a new topic - log filling up can be due to many causes.

Also, attach the diagnostics AFTER your log has filled up so it's more apparent what caused it.

I will have split this into a new thread so no need to start a new one.

6 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

I apologize if I posted in the wrong thread.

That thread was already pretty old and was already marked solved, so not exactly a hijack. But problems that seem similar in some way often are different in the details. Except for support threads for specific dockers or plugins, it is usually better to start your own thread so we can deal with your problems separate from another user and their problem.

20 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

Yes, I read somewhere that nerd pack would help me with the system's stability. But I will go ahead and delete the entire nerd pack and restart my system to clear everything. 

if anything it is the opposite :(  If any package installed by NerdPack is different to a version that ships with Unraid then it can cause system instability.   If you are going to use the NerdPack plugin only install what you definitely need and be prepared to back even that out if the system starts encountering problems.

I currently don't have the link to where I read that. But I believe it was in a forum post. But I have already deleted the nerd pack and will restart my box, also will be upgrading to 6.8.2. Just waiting for Pre-Clear to finish up on a drive. Will most definitely watch what I install and will keep an eye on my log to see if it goes up again. 

If I have any further problems I will remember to start a new thread in the future.

Thanks again for your time and help on this. I really appreciate it.