LSI 9400-16i Legit?

Thats a little more than I paid for mine, so the price isn't ridiculously low or anything.  However, that seller has all of their listings set to private, so you cant tell what their feedback was on.

Edit: upon further investigation, that is the same seller I bought mine from.  Mine seems legit and its been working for a while now.

Edited by StevenD
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, StevenD said:

so you cant tell what their feedback was on.

I thing I noticed about eBay listings is that after I bought a card which I was fairly positive was counterfeit prior to purchasing, but took a shot at the price that it would work is that the minute I listed poor feedback on the item, they immediately closed that particular listing and reopened it again so that the feedback I left wouldn't appear.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StevenD said:

Thats a little more than I paid for mine, so the price isn't ridiculously low or anything.  However, that seller has all of their listings set to private, so you cant tell what their feedback was on.

Edit: upon further investigation, that is the same seller I bought mine from.  Mine seems legit and its been working for a while now.

Makes me feel a little better if I pick this one up. At least it is also a US seller so easy to file a claim if it is a counterfeit. I wasn't sure if the listings being all private and no other items for sell which seem odd to me. Bunch of one LSI card for sell and nothing else.

36 minutes ago, Squid said:

I thing I noticed about eBay listings is that after I bought a card which I was fairly positive was counterfeit prior to purchasing, but took a shot at the price that it would work is that the minute I listed poor feedback on the item, they immediately closed that particular listing and reopened it again so that the feedback I left wouldn't appear.

How did you learn it was counterfeit? The quick googling it seems like the best way is to email photos to Broadcom but I'd imagine there is a better way. I remember getting a counterfeit SanDisk SD card I think from NewEgg years ago and I could clearly tell by I think a utility. Once it showed it wasn't legit, I then saw the markings were not correct.

Edited by LimeB
1 hour ago, LimeB said:

How did you learn it was counterfeit?

• Shipped from China
  • Cost ~$20US
  • No S/N present
  • Continually crashed my system
  • Listing was closed as soon as I complained, and then reopened.

It's basically the first one that's the dead giveaway.  The second is also close, but no guarantee.  I've also bought a 9211-16E from an ebay store in Florida for $25 which is 100% legit according to broadcom.

While its not the greatest thing to say, I assume that anything I purchase that's shipped from China is either garbage or counterfeit.  I will however take the odd chance here and there and buy components to keep as emergency spares.

• Haha 1