iCloud Picture Downloader Docker Template

Womabre

Hello,

(Sorry for my Bad English)

I would like to install icloudpd as docker on my unraid server. That worked great. But since we are several people in the house, I need a 2 instance. However, the program always asks for the .mounted file in the iCloudpd folder, even though I renamed everything to iCloudpd_test. Is it possible to change the path of the failsafe file, .mounted? Original: /home/user/iCloud/.mounted Modified: /home/user/iCloud_test/.mounted. Thanks very much!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! Recently my 2FA cookie expired and tried to set it up again. I thought everything was alright but I noticed it didn't download any new pictures. Long story short, I removed and installed the container again and now it throws this error during the --Initialise command:

WARNING: The directory '/root/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned or is not writable by the current user. The cache has been disabled. Check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you should use sudo's -H flag.

Should I be worried? How can I fix it?

I'm going to let it slide for now and confirm if it downloads pics again...

On 10/12/2022 at 11:16 AM, agdelamunoza said:

Hi all! Recently my 2FA cookie expired and tried to set it up again. I thought everything was alright but I noticed it didn't download any new pictures. Long story short, I removed and installed the container again and now it throws this error during the --Initialise command:

WARNING: The directory '/root/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned or is not writable by the current user. The cache has been disabled. Check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you should use sudo's -H flag.

Should I be worried? How can I fix it?

I'm going to let it slide for now and confirm if it downloads pics again...

I looked into this and you can configure the app to use an ssd to cache to, then have a post download process move the data.

we are using unraid to do this (if you choose) so we don’t care

• 5 months later...

Hello,

i set up the container. All is working except for folder structure.

Container Variable: folder_structure is set to "album".

From what i understood it should had save pics with the same folder structure than icloud.

The result is i have all my pics and vidéos in a folder called "album".

In icloud i have around 20k files for 62GB. 

5% of these files are unclassified. The rest is in albums named accordingly to the date and event name.

Theses albums are in folders (one folder per year).

Anybody could point me in the right direction ?

How long (in general) would you expect photos to start showing up in the share I created? I checked the log for icloudpd and am seeing stuff like this 

image.png.199a1d503bb8cf0123ed91933f6c34d4.png

but I'm not actually sure where these are being created. I have created a bind mount for /home/user/iCloud to /mnt/user/iCloud/ but there isn't any data actually showing up there. Is that normal? The docker has been running for about 20 minutes now -- is is actually downloading files at this point, or is it indexing everything prior to downloading?

Update: I guess it was just indexing! About an hour after it started, files started showing up in the share

Edited by earthyinsightpuppy
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I was getting an error that it wasn't able to check for updates and netdata reported that the cointainer was unhealty so I deleted the container and its image and now I cannot reinstall since there's an error when trying to pull the image.

Also tried using the docker command in Unraid terminal and also had the same error.

Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m using this template, but it seems to not be configured properly? It creates the file but with a different user. I had to add user_id: as a variable and then set it to 99. Now it shows as the right owner.

I think the variables already defined don't match what is needed according to this. File permission and directory permission do not seem to work also...

Am I alone in this?

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2023 at 1:48 AM, Soulplayer said:

I’m using this template, but it seems to not be configured properly? It creates the file but with a different user. I had to add user_id: as a variable and then set it to 99. Now it shows as the right owner.

I think the variables already defined don't match what is needed according to this. File permission and directory permission do not seem to work also...

Am I alone in this?

Thank you!

I had to run a chown on the directory to get it to work, but now works fine.