unraid 500 error when trying to upgrade to v6.5.3

skulker

I have been happily running v6.3.2 for a long time but had 2 issues with my server locking up while using LibreOffice to open a spreadsheet on the RAID.

I figured it would be best to upgrade the O/S before I started anything else so I went to the Plugins page and it showed me running at 6.3.2 with an upgrade to 6.5.3

The first thing I did was backup the flash to a local folder on my PC (good thing).

The upgrade appeared to complete fine and I rebooted and accessed via the GUI. I tried to start the array and the system hung. I could no longer access the GUI and got the dreaded "unraid 500 internal server error". I rebooted with the same results. 

I fell back to 6.3.2 and everything is back and fine.

1. Why can't I upgrade?

2. Why did the server lock up when trying to access a .xls file via libreoffice?

I did take a diagnostic file before I tried to upgrade and it is attached. 

I also attached my hardware profile

Plugins:

CA Auto Update Applications 2016.12.18

CA Backup / Restore Appdata 2017.02.21

CA Cleanup Appdata 2017.01.28

Community Applications 2017.02.25

Dynamix webGui 2017.02.16 

ssh Plugin 2016.02.25.2

User Scripts 2017.06.02

Thanks in advance for any advice.

bernard-diagnostics-20200205-1237.zip Hardware profile.xml

This quote from LimeTech is in the upgrade notes from 6.8.2:

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

Why are you only moving from 6.3.2 to (only) 6.5.3?  I also suspect that you are going to have to use the third upgrade method in the 6.8.2 announcement.  Or else doing it the old fashion way, by download the zipped file and copying all of  the bz* files onto the flash drive.

30 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

This quote from LimeTech is in the upgrade notes from 6.8.2:

Why are you only moving from 6.3.2 to (only) 6.5.3?  I also suspect that you are going to have to use the third upgrade method in the 6.8.2 announcement.  Or else doing it the old fashion way, by download the zipped file and copying all of  the bz* files onto the flash drive.

I was only taking the small step because it was the easy way via the plugin.

I sure don't want to attempt any upgrade until I understand what went wrong or what problems my system may have.

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

I believe it is caused because that link to the upgrade site is not longer working...

Ah - I see.

OK - I have now updated to 6.8.2

Thank you Frank1940 for your help and advice.

I hope my LibreOffice goes away as well - time will tell!