Unmountable: No file system

jbat66

UNRAID: 6.8.2

I'm running an Intel NUC, so only have one drive. It is a 2.5" 5TB data drive. No parity drive. (no room in the case).

I did a delete of a folder  of MP3's from a Windows 10 computer (ie. via SAMBA) The delete was taking a long time, so I canceled the delete... It didn't cancel and just hung. The Web GUI stayed up and SSH was working, but things were kind of flaky. So I stopped my Dockers, but they just hung in a stopping state. I did a Power down via the web GUI, but nothing happened after 10 min, so I did a reboot at SSH command prompt, and it said system was going down.... Again nothing on the console. So I punched the soft down power button on the server, and more services shutdown ect, but never did power down. All this time the HD light was blinking fast, as if I/O was happening.  Doing htop didn't show anything strange and CPU was at 5%, however the GUI CPU said 90%. I'm thinking the GUI CPU indication was wrong, as htop is looking at all the items running... So I waited 20 min for the system to shut down cleanly but did not completely shutdown... Then did hard down on the server. Brought the server back up, and GUI is working, but now the drive says "Unmountable: No file system". Currently the system says the disk is active and smart is healthy. I stopped the array started it in maint mode, and I'm currently doing a read check...

Just wondering what my odds are that the drive will come back.

To put it another way, does the read-check do any correcting of the XFS file system?

Thanks

So in case anyone finds this thread... Here is what I did.

So I found this: https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Checking_and_fixing_drives_in_the_webGui

and Spaceinvader One's great video below:

I like doing things via command line, so I did most of the repair work via command line including test mounting ect.

I was able to get my array back up and now I'm trying to see if anything is damaged.

I was smart in that I took the out put from the "xfs_repair -nv /dev/md1" command and saved it to a text file, so I can look and check those files that it showed that may be a problem.

Ah the joys of running unraid with out parity.

FYI, I'm running this little NUC in an RV as a server, I have  larger unraid server at the "big house" with parity and dual ssd cache. 🙂