[Support] kru-x - wordpress

On 2/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, Kru-x said:

The log would be in the container itself, sorry not sure but still think it is a permission error. Try the migration tool, usually solves any problems, especially DB troubles. 

Kru-x 

I found the error 😃

Time difference on my unraid server, had to disable NTP and set time manually. Now everything words!

• Thanks 1

Running a fresh install of wordpress and went through setup process. 

Settings>General - Site Address (URL) and WordPress Address (URL) changed to http://myhostname.com

Everything working as expected up to this point

Settings>Permalinks - Changed to Post Name

At this point no pages other then the homepage work producing a 404 error

If I try to create a new page I get 

Publishing failed. The response is not a valid JSON response

What am I doing wrong?

8 minutes ago, shiftylilbastrd said:

Running a fresh install of wordpress and went through setup process. 

Settings>General - Site Address (URL) and WordPress Address (URL) changed to http://myhostname.com

Everything working as expected up to this point

Settings>Permalinks - Changed to Post Name

At this point no pages other then the homepage work producing a 404 error

If I try to create a new page I get 

What am I doing wrong?

Did you start to install WP on your local address? Start your install after making sure you can connect to the installer through your Domain, then you shouldn't need to do the steps above.

Kru-x

On 2/25/2022 at 9:01 PM, Kru-x said:

Did you start to install WP on your local address? Start your install after making sure you can connect to the installer through your Domain, then you shouldn't need to do the steps above.

Okay. Wiped out and started fresh and didn't need to adjust the URLs. I'm still unable to change the permalink setting. I can physically get to the setting and change it to post name but after that nothing works. When I try to create a new page I get the same error as before 

3 hours ago, shiftylilbastrd said:

Okay. Wiped out and started fresh and didn't need to adjust the URLs. I'm still unable to change the permalink setting. I can physically get to the setting and change it to post name but after that nothing works. When I try to create a new page I get the same error as before 

Clear the browser cache? Try your site in a private window in your browser.

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DaButterGamer said:

Hi All,

Just did a oopsie and changed the url with in the admin panel of wordpress to another port number and saved it. Can no longer access the admin panel through the webui. What file do i need to edit to change it back

Many thanks,

Hi,

There is some things to try,

• Change it back in wp-config.php
  • Clear your cache

There is heaps of info on it doing a Google search, here is one https://wp-me.com/cant-access-wordpress-after-changing-site-url/ 

Hope it helps,

Kru-x

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Im trying to use this for a private web server for my own uses within my LAN network. No outside www. needed. will be accessed by IP and Port when needed.

I installed MariaDB, and went through the steps in the french walkthrough posted earlier.

I also have a Unifi docker running (relevance next)

After installing the wordpress docker, the webGUI takes me to the Unifi webGUI, easy enough, Unifi uses port 8080, change the port for wordpress.......

I changed the Wordpress port to 8085, and when i manually navigate a web broswer to ip:8085, it cannot connect. I tried a few different ports from 8081-8090.

Any tips?

My setup is here:

Wordpress.png

5 hours ago, TurboStreetCar said:

Hello, Im trying to use this for a private web server for my own uses within my LAN network. No outside www. needed. will be accessed by IP and Port when needed.

I installed MariaDB, and went through the steps in the french walkthrough posted earlier.

I also have a Unifi docker running (relevance next)

After installing the wordpress docker, the webGUI takes me to the Unifi webGUI, easy enough, Unifi uses port 8080, change the port for wordpress.......

I changed the Wordpress port to 8085, and when i manually navigate a web broswer to ip:8085, it cannot connect. I tried a few different ports from 8081-8090.

Any tips?

My setup is here:

Wordpress.png

Reinstall from the beginning on the new port and/or change the site adress to ip:port-number 

Kru-x 

I accidentally messed up my installation by, presumably, using the `New Permissions` tool of unRAID. I ran this over appdata to fix an issue I had with a different container, only realizing now, weeks later, when trying to install plugins or upload files to my Wordpress site that it does seem to have permission issues. It keeps asking for connection information to the storage via FTP.

Is there an easy fix, eg. using `chown` on the folder?

On 4/14/2022 at 5:54 PM, DesertCookie said:

I accidentally messed up my installation by, presumably, using the `New Permissions` tool of unRAID. I ran this over appdata to fix an issue I had with a different container, only realizing now, weeks later, when trying to install plugins or upload files to my Wordpress site that it does seem to have permission issues. It keeps asking for connection information to the storage via FTP.

Is there an easy fix, eg. using `chown` on the folder?

Sorry for the late reply, but I think you are on the right track. The container needs to have write and read privileges, so chmod should do it.

Kru-x

On 4/19/2022 at 5:35 PM, DesertCookie said:

What chmod would I have to do? What are the default owner permissions for this/a container?

Thanks, again.

Sorry,

I am the worst person to ask about premission's, still after all these years I am still just 777 everything!

Kru-x

On 4/12/2022 at 5:28 PM, Kru-x said:

Reinstall from the beginning on the new port and/or change the site adress to ip:port-number 

Kru-x 

Hello, tried reinstalling, Still no luck. 

Trying to install and use on vlan network. Installation completes but all i get is "refused to connect". 

I CAN ping the address however. 

Is there anything special about the network that needs to be set up to use on a vlan? How would i change the site address to IP:Port-number? Do you mean in the network field? OR in the configuration somehow?

Edited by TurboStreetCar
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I wonder how to migrate and host 13 personal wordpress sites to my Unraid server.

1 option is to use dockers. For each wordpress site I will need redis, nginx fastcgi and phpfsp. Is there some kind of stack which includes all these or should I create a different container for each?

Another option is to create a ubuntu VM and configure the web server there, including a panel where I can manage all the projects.

Which option would be better?

17 minutes ago, Rocka374 said:

Hello!

I wonder how to migrate and host 13 personal wordpress sites to my Unraid server.

1 option is to use dockers. For each wordpress site I will need redis, nginx fastcgi and phpfsp. Is there some kind of stack which includes all these or should I create a different container for each?

Another option is to create a ubuntu VM and configure the web server there, including a panel where I can manage all the projects.

Which option would be better?

Whoooa,

That's a request and a half ;-) and I am not sure about the answer. I doubt that you would have a stack for that. I know Redis can be used as a separate docker container in Unraid.

I am using Nginx Proxymanager, but you would have to have a container with Nginx and fastCGI + PHP-FMP as I understand it. There is a way as I understand it, read quickly about it https://blog.joshwalsh.me/docker-nginx-php-fpm/ if you could use that container and make your own template for it in Unraid it could be possible I guess.

You would be running each site in a separate container + DB and possible Redis in one and the Nginx as per above in one. but this is way over my head.

Hope it gives you a few ideas but sorry I couldn't help more,

Kru-x

7 minutes ago, Kru-x said:

Whoooa,

That's a request and a half ;-) and I am not sure about the answer. I doubt that you would have a stack for that. I know Redis can be used as a separate docker container in Unraid.

I am using Nginx Proxymanager, but you would have to have a container with Nginx and fastCGI + PHP-FMP as I understand it. There is a way as I understand it, read quickly about it https://blog.joshwalsh.me/docker-nginx-php-fpm/ if you could use that container and make your own template for it in Unraid it could be possible I guess.

You would be running each site in a separate container + DB and possible Redis in one and the Nginx as per above in one. but this is way over my head.

Hope it gives you a few ideas but sorry I couldn't help more,

Kru-x

Thanks for the quick answer, I will look into this.

In case I can't manage the container with my own template and I decide to make a VM, that VM should have 80 and 443 ports forwarded too. Also, the VM will be with different internal IP. Will my router be able to have 80 and 443 forwarded on both my IPs?

Yea that's what I am doing with my router. But the VM might not be able to use 80 or 443 depending on your setup. My unraid interface is using port 80 and 443 is used by other container.

But just forward 80 to say 88 and use 88 on your VM, same with 443. But it depends on your setup, they might be free.

Kru-x

14 hours ago, Kru-x said:

Yea that's what I am doing with my router. But the VM might not be able to use 80 or 443 depending on your setup. My unraid interface is using port 80 and 443 is used by other container.

But just forward 80 to say 88 and use 88 on your VM, same with 443. But it depends on your setup, they might be free.

Kru-x

Okay I will have time to play with 1 website on docker today. Do you know how can I connect the database via a socket with the nginx proxy manager? Also, is this version of Wordpress FPM?

38 minutes ago, Rocka374 said:

Okay I will have time to play with 1 website on docker today. Do you know how can I connect the database via a socket with the nginx proxy manager? Also, is this version of Wordpress FPM?

HI Rocka374,

Not sure what you mean connecting via Nginx by socket, wordpress connects directly to the DB and I dont know any other way to do it, so im not sure how to answer that one.

The docker container used  is this official one https://hub.docker.com/_/wordpress/.

You can use any version of it and if you add the flag "wordpress:<version>-fpm" in the template you get the FastCGI implementation for PHP, it says furter down on the page for the container in docker hub.

Hope it helps,

Kru-x

I have problem starting it up.

I cant even start it at internal ip.

Is there some conf I have to do in the wp-conf file?

I get "This site can’t be reached" for http://192.168.100.223:9000/ @ br0 network

EDIT: I managed to install it @ http://192.168.100.223:80/ when I make the repository only "wordpress", when I install "wordpress:fpm" it changes the port to 9000 and it can't start. Any way to run a FPM version?

EDIT2: I don't know if this is the case but looks like I am trying to use the NPM as a webserver:

https://github.com/NginxProxyManager/nginx-proxy-manager/issues/58

Edited by Rocka374
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...