[Support] kru-x - wordpress

1 minute ago, Tucubanito07 said:

Yes. Bitwarden as well. That why i am so confused. Do i have to place my domain in WordPress Address (URL)?

Then the proxy is working as it should. A WordPress address has nothing to do with it, you can direct any address to any container so you can use whatever. let say you have youraddress.com directed to the WordPress container, then you have yourcloudaddress.com (or as me cloud.myaddress.com) directed to the nextcloud container etc. etc. But it is important that you start the WordPress installation when your address is working, not before. Else WordPress redirects (thinks) it is on the internal address eg. 10.10.7.4:8080/mypage  and then you will get a 404 error or proxy error.

2 minutes ago, Kru-x said:

What is proxynet in the above screen shot? Is it your container? Should be bridge and use another port as I think the port is used by unraid interface!

Proxynet is just a name for a network that i created a long time ago when i was using Letsencrypt. Nextcloud, Bitwarden, and Wordpress is on the same network (Proxynet). Also, i changed the port to 8083 and nothing.

2 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

Proxynet is just a name for a network that i created a long time ago when i was using Letsencrypt. Nextcloud, Bitwarden, and Wordpress is on the same network (Proxynet). Also, i changed the port to 8083 and nothing.

I think this could be your problem, there was another guy trying and I am not sure if the WP container can talk to the DB on different network types, this is over my head. But I don't understand that people do, I have all my containers on bridge'd network. But strange thing is that you sent a screenshot where it looked liked you could connect to the wordpress installation, have you ever got that far? Eg. been able to connect to it by using 10.10.7.4:8080 in your browser?  

3 minutes ago, Kru-x said:

I think this could be your problem, there was another guy trying and I am not sure if the WP container can talk to the DB on different network types, this is over my head. But I don't understand that people do, I have all my containers on bridge'd network. But strange thing is that you sent a screenshot where it looked liked you could connect to the wordpress installation, have you ever got that far? Eg. been able to connect to it by using 10.10.7.4:8080 in your browser?  

If i go to 10.10.7.4:8080 I can see my website. I cannot see it outside because i am not able to use my domain to reach it.

10 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

If i go to 10.10.7.4:8080 I can see my website. I cannot see it outside because i am not able to use my domain to reach it.

Then it must work, delete BOTH folder again, reinstall and see if you can connect locally. Do not start installation at this time just close it. Then try to adjust the proxy the same as for nextcloud. When you can see the WP installation with your external address you should be good to go! 

3 minutes ago, Kru-x said:

Then it must work, delete BOTH folder again, reinstall and see if you can connect locally. Do not start installation at this time just close it. Then try to adjust the proxy the same as for nextcloud. When you can see the WP installation with your external address you should be good to go! 

What folder do you want me to delete? After deleting both folders you want me to delete. Do you want me to delete both container Word press and MariaDB?

Edited by Tucubanito07
11 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

What folder do you want me to delete? After deleting both folders you want me to delete. Do you want me to delete both container Word press and MariaDB?

Each container and the folder for that container in app data, depending on how you named them, marked in blue! Eg. both WordPress and the WordPress mariaDB.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 7.55.24 am.png

Edited by Kru-x
13 minutes ago, Kru-x said:

Each container and the folder for that container in app data, depending on how you named them, marked in blue! Eg. both WordPress and the WordPress mariaDB.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 7.55.24 am.png

Ok so i deleted both MariaDB and Wordpress. I also deleted the SSL in Proxymanager and did a new one. However, when i go to my domain in Proxymanager, it takes me to port 8080 and not 8085.

2 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

Ok so i deleted both MariaDB and Wordpress. I also deleted the SSL in Proxymanager and did a new one. However, when i go to my domain in Proxymanager, it takes me to port 8080 and not 8085.

If you go to 10.10.7.4:8085 in your browser what happens, WP installation screen? or? Forget about the proxy!

• Like 1
Just now, Kru-x said:

If you go to 10.10.7.4:8085 in your browser what happens, WP installation screen? or? Forget about the proxy!

I got it fixed. There was a port in the Proxymanager that was 8080 and i believe that was messing it up. I switched it to 8088 and the cleared my cookies and now i am using my domain to do the installation. Boy this was a pain. Dude you are amazing. Thank you so much for all your help. Thank you thank you.

Just now, Tucubanito07 said:

I got it fixed. There was a port in the Proxymanager that was 8080 and i believe that was messing it up. I switched it to 8088 and the cleared my cookies and now i am using my domain to do the installation. Boy this was a pain. Dude you are amazing. Thank you so much for all your help. Thank you thank you.

Puhh, I am glad it worked! No worries, have fun "home site'ing"!

• Like 1
On 5/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, Kru-x said:

Puhh, I am glad it worked! No worries, have fun "home site'ing"!

I got a question for you. I got google domains and every time I go to for example.com my site comes up. But if I go to www.example.com it can’t connect to it because it not secure. Do you know what this mean? I have been trying to get the website to accept https://www.example.com and it does not work but if I do https://example.com it does. Just weird. 

6 hours ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I got a question for you. I got google domains and every time I go to for example.com my site comes up. But if I go to www.example.com it can’t connect to it because it not secure. Do you know what this mean? I have been trying to get the website to accept https://www.example.com and it does not work but if I do https://example.com it does. Just weird. 

What I gather is that the https://www.yoursite.com is another domain, so it is directing to a site that wont exist (remember I said that I have a domain called cloud.mysite.com that I have NextCloud on, just the same). If you feel that is a problem you can redirect that site to yoursite.com.

12 hours ago, Kru-x said:

What I gather is that the https://www.yoursite.com is another domain, so it is directing to a site that wont exist (remember I said that I have a domain called cloud.mysite.com that I have NextCloud on, just the same). If you feel that is a problem you can redirect that site to yoursite.com.

I did not know that https://www.yoursite.com is not the same as https://yoursite.com. I thought it was the same just missing www.  I have tried redirecting the site with NginxProxyManager and It just does not work. Just weird that’s all. Thank you for your input. 

11 hours ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I did not know that https://www.yoursite.com is not the same as https://yoursite.com. I thought it was the same just missing www.  I have tried redirecting the site with NginxProxyManager and It just does not work. Just weird that’s all. Thank you for your input. 

I have my sites registered with Godaddy and they have added www as a subdomain already, guess yours is the same. www in front is "old school" and is not much in use today, but some use it and therefore the domain registrar add it automatically.

You should be able to redirect your www.yoursite.com to yoursite.com and you have to ask letsencrypt for a new cert for www.yoursite.com, that is how yo do it with a subdomain. I was curious about the problem and it worked fine doing it with mine

Kru-x

Edited by Kru-x
2 hours ago, Kru-x said:

I have my sites registered with Godaddy and they have added www as a subdomain already, guess yours is the same. www in front is "old school" and is not much in use today, but some use it and therefore the domain registrar add it automatically.

You should be able to redirect your www.yoursite.com to yoursite.com and you have to ask letsencrypt for a new cert for www.yoursite.com, that is how yo do it with a subdomain. I was curious about the problem and it worked fine doing it with mine

Kru-x

Couldn’t I have two certs? One for www.yoursite.com and then another one for yoursite.com? I have tried placing them together on the same cert and can seem to get it to work. Again, not a big deal but just a thought that’ all. 

Couldn’t I have two certs? One for www.yoursite.com and then another one for yoursite.com? I have tried placing them together on the same cert and can seem to get it to work. Again, not a big deal but just a thought that’ all. 

Yea, in NPM just add a Redirection Host with domain name "www.yoursite.com" and redirect to "yoursite.com" and under SSL request a new let's encrypt certificate, then you get a new certificate for  "www.yoursite.com", then if anyone uses www.yoursite.com they will be redirected to the right address.

On the other hand why would you need to :~), if a user use www just polity ask him not to, just an interesting exercise though! 🙂

Kru-x

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Kru-x said:

Yea, in NPM just add a Redirection Host with domain name "www.yoursite.com" and redirect to "yoursite.com" and under SSL request a new let's encrypt certificate, then you get a new certificate for  "www.yoursite.com", then if anyone uses www.yoursite.com they will be redirected to the right address.

On the other hand why would you need to :~), if a user use www just polity ask him not to, just an interesting exercise though! 🙂

Kru-x

I just got it to work. I had to do a subdomain forward like the example you noted above and it works. I was doing dns instead of subdomain forward. Dee dee me. Thank you. What do you suggest if I decide later on down the line to make another site. Just fire up another container for Wordpress and another MariaDB? I will still keep the same NginxProxyManager and forward to the other Wordpress instance I just created. I believe that is the beat way correct?

I just got it to work. I had to do a subdomain forward like the example you noted above and it works. I was doing dns instead of subdomain forward. Dee dee me. Thank you. What do you suggest if I decide later on down the line to make another site. Just fire up another container for Wordpress and another MariaDB? I will still keep the same NginxProxyManager and forward to the other Wordpress instance I just created. I believe that is the beat way correct?

Corecctemundo, you can fire up as many instances of WP as you like and NPM can direct to each and everyone of them on a new domain. Or like me, just add a subdomain at your domain provider ex. mysite.com, cloud.mysite.com, music.mysite.com, todo.mysite.com etc etc. and issue a new certificate for each of them.

Kru-x

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kru-x said:

Corecctemundo, you can fire up as many instances of WP as you like and NPM can direct to each and everyone of them on a new domain. Or like me, just add a subdomain at your domain provider ex. mysite.com, cloud.mysite.com, music.mysite.com, todo.mysite.com etc etc. and issue a new certificate for each of them.

Kru-x

Not a bad idea. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got this to work with nginx from linuxserver

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;
    server_name mysub.*;
    include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
    client_max_body_size 0;
	location / {
		resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
		set $upstream_app containerName;
		set $upstream_port 80;
		set $upstream_proto http;
		proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
		proxy_set_header Host $host;
	}
}

everytime i try to look for new plugins i get this message:

An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.

any ideas?

just running local wordpress at home...

1 hour ago, bar1 said:

everytime i try to look for new plugins i get this message:

An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.

any ideas?

just running local wordpress at home...

I'm not sure, that problem usually indicates that WP can't reach wordpress.org server due to internet connection. I don't think it's a docker/unraid problem and the only problem I can think of is if you have changed network type (normal is "Bridge") so your container can't reach internet.

Hi! I've set up wordpress with this image, mariadb and NPM successfully and I can reach it from my external IP :) Thanks for your work!

But I'm having some difficulties when it comes to performance. Somehow, the site loads really slow... It takes around 15s for every request to complete (TTFB). Is there any setting or configuration problem which I missed (either wp, maria or npm)? 

I've already adjusted the CPU Pinning for this docker container but unraid doesn't even sweat when wp is handling something so I think it's somewhere between those containers....

Thanks a lot in advance!

On 6/12/2020 at 1:38 PM, Kru-x said:

I'm not sure, that problem usually indicates that WP can't reach wordpress.org server due to internet connection. I don't think it's a docker/unraid problem and the only problem I can think of is if you have changed network type (normal is "Bridge") so your container can't reach internet.

plugins and updates work fine though....its only themes