[Support] kru-x - wordpress

5 hours ago, accordracer said:

Just installed this plugin and it works great.  Just wondering, How can i run multiple websites with it? 

One way is to run multiple docker containers with different names. That way, you've separated the instance and the db which can come in handy if you want to restore a backup.

You can just copy your current template, change the name to something you've not used, adjust the AppData Config Path of MariaDB, the www param of wordpress and the corresponding IP or ports.

17 hours ago, dom1 said:

Hi! I've set up wordpress with this image, mariadb and NPM successfully and I can reach it from my external IP :) Thanks for your work!

But I'm having some difficulties when it comes to performance. Somehow, the site loads really slow... It takes around 15s for every request to complete (TTFB). Is there any setting or configuration problem which I missed (either wp, maria or npm)? 

I've already adjusted the CPU Pinning for this docker container but unraid doesn't even sweat when wp is handling something so I think it's somewhere between those containers....

Thanks a lot in advance!

Wonder if you got it to work? It shouldn't be needed to do any CPU pinning, as you pointed out it won't use much overhead at all. My server is a 8mb ram micro server and it doesn't grunt at all.

But I am not sure why yours is slow, it shouldn't be and I doubt it is the connection between the containers. Is others working as they should?

Sorry, i'm not sure!

15 hours ago, bar1 said:

plugins and updates work fine though....its only themes

Sorry I read your email to quick and didn't realize it was only at the themes that didn't work. Its strange, just tried a test site and I have not got that problem. Have you change any settings in "general settings" in WP. Don't think it is a container/unraid problem anyway, it's quite a common problem with WP and is mentioned in several forums.

I would start all over again, delete both folders and reinstall both WP & the DB, when installed go strait to theme and try again. Guess most problems with this is a redirection issue from apache (http server installed in the docker). Happens easily if the settings are wrong in WP.

Hope you solve it and let us know,

Kru-x

10 hours ago, accordracer said:

Just installed this plugin and it works great.  Just wondering, How can i run multiple websites with it? 

As dom1 said, you can fire up as many instances you would like, just do exactly the same as with the first ones, just with different names, ports and storage folders.

Kru-x

13 hours ago, Kru-x said:

Wonder if you got it to work? It shouldn't be needed to do any CPU pinning, as you pointed out it won't use much overhead at all. My server is a 8mb ram micro server and it doesn't grunt at all.

But I am not sure why yours is slow, it shouldn't be and I doubt it is the connection between the containers. Is others working as they should?

Sorry, i'm not sure!

I kind of got it to work by increasing the timeouts (curl, http etc.) of WP to 120s. Now I also get to see any pending updates and the cron jobs are also working again. 

I think it could also be related to my network setup in general. After googling for a few hours, I found some articles which claimed that it could also be related to my network setup or specifically the DNS Server. I'm using Pihole as my primary DNS server and I think WP tries to resolve some domains internally which takes quite some time for some reason. But I have no idea how I could test this theory :D 

Strange is, that every other container with external access like nextcloud work without any problems...

Thanks for your help!

I am seeing some really strange behavior... 

I have wordpress setup and working with nginx proxy manager. I can reach all the pages except for the root. When I input the root address e.g. www.example.com I get ERROR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT and the address displays as www.example.com:8080. The strange thing is that my port for wordpress is not 8080. In fact, none of the used ports are 8080. I was wondering if someone could shine a light on what going on here...

1 hour ago, MrChunky said:

I am seeing some really strange behavior... 

I have wordpress setup and working with nginx proxy manager. I can reach all the pages except for the root. When I input the root address e.g. www.example.com I get ERROR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT and the address displays as www.example.com:8080. The strange thing is that my port for wordpress is not 8080. In fact, none of the used ports are 8080. I was wondering if someone could shine a light on what going on here...

How did you install WP and are u using a local network or a domain? Guess domain, using NPM. The port is Nginx's (NPM's) internal port that is 8080 and I believe that's why it shows that port if the site can't be found. Can you login to wp-admin? If check in "settings" of the website address, else delete both container and wait to install until you can reach the WP installation from your domain.

Kru-x

16 hours ago, Kru-x said:

How did you install WP and are u using a local network or a domain? Guess domain, using NPM. The port is Nginx's (NPM's) internal port that is 8080 and I believe that's why it shows that port if the site can't be found. Can you login to wp-admin? If check in "settings" of the website address, else delete both container and wait to install until you can reach the WP installation from your domain.

Kru-x

Hey Kru-x,

Thanks for the prompt response as usual :)

NPM was being weird... for some reason the certificates always get screwed up for me when I use NPM. I get some sort of cant access the folder with certificates error in the log. Anyways, I switched to linuxserver lets encrypt container, which has been working fine for years... Now I have too many redirects error when I try to go to the root or any non admin pages.

I can reach every admin page on the wp site, if I put in the path directly or navigate within it. I just cannot get the root or the pages to load... I get ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS, from both inside and outside my LAN. 

How did you install WP and are u using a local network or a domain?

I am using domain, I went through the installation process while accessing it with www.example.com. so in the general setting the site url is www.example.com from the begining.

Can you login to wp-admin?

Yes I can thought the domain, but I have to put in www.example.com/wp-admin to reach it.

...wait to install until you can reach the WP installation from your domain.

Already did that, that's how I installed it.

Edited by MrChunky
5 minutes ago, MrChunky said:

Hey Kru-x,

Thanks for the prompt response as usual :)

NPM was being weird... for some reason the certificates always get screwed up for me when I use NPM. I get some sort of cant access the folder with certificates error in the log. Anyways, I switched to linuxserver lets encrypt container, which has been working fine for years... Now I have too many redirects error when I try to go to the root or any non admin pages.

I can reach every admin page on the wp site, if I put in the path directly or navigate within it. I just cannot get the root or the pages to load... I get ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS, from both inside and outside my LAN. 

I am using domain, I went through the installation process while accessing it with www.example.com. so in the general setting the site url is www.example.com from the begining.

Yes I can thought the domain, but I have to put in www.example.com/wp-admin to reach it.

Already did that, that's how I installed it.

Hmmm,

Have you deleted the Maria DB folder and WP folder in between trying, It looks like it is still trying to redirect you to the internal address. And weird with NPM, it was when I switched to it, mine started to work perfectly. I have all my containers (exposed to internet) trough NPM and I have no problems. The database folder HAS to be deleted in between else the old values is still in the DB. There is a few previous problems like yours that has been solved by starting from scratch and it should be fairly strait forward especially if you can reach the installation from your domain.

So in short delete all 3 folders, install the MariaDB and WP, as per templates, if you can reach the installation of WP with your ip address, just leave it to that (without starting the installation of WP) and try again from NPM and do the installation and ask for a new cert from within.

Hope it helps,

Kru-x

2 minutes ago, Kru-x said:

So in short delete all 3 folders, install the MariaDB and WP, as per templates, if you can reach the installation of WP with your ip address, just leave it to that (without starting the installation of WP) and try again from NPM and do the installation and ask for a new cert from within.

I deleted the mariaDB folder and word-press folder... Am I missing a 3rd folder to delete?

Just now, MrChunky said:

I deleted the mariaDB folder and word-press folder... Am I missing a 3rd folder to delete?

Nahh I was thinking NPM but shouldn't be needed, can you reach it from your internal address b4 installing, and as I understand it you still get the wrong redirects even after installing fro your domain? One guy had problem with a setting in NPM using 8080 maybe it is some clash there with another container, but sorry I am a little bit lost on this one and it shouldn't be. If you follow the templates and install from your domain it should be really a easy setup, I have done it on several sites and even now I am playing with a test one to try to replicate your problem but it just work.

7 hours ago, Elembemedia said:

Hey guys,

I've got MariaDB, Wordpress, and NPM all setup and working except when I load the page it looks like this. What am I doing wrong? 

829738167_ScreenShot2020-06-20at6_01_52PM.thumb.png.d5d7b7d675c81ef56b0aa620a4d1b315.png

Did you do a fresh install from your home local address or from you domain address? it’s your permalink that is wrong I guess. If you can, login to wp-admin.php go to settings and permalinks and update them.

Edited: if you have not done anything before you read this, it’s your cookies in your browser. I can see your page properly, 

kru-x

Edited by Kru-x
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Alex.b said:

Hello,

I don't found the php.ini file, do you know where is the location ?

Thank you

Hi Alex.b,

By default there is no php.ini file in WP, but you can add one manually in the root folder. See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6165558/how-can-i-find-my-php-ini-on-wordpress/42347382

If it t is to increase the download size, I'll use the .htaccess method to do so. 

Kru-x

18 minutes ago, Alex.b said:

I have a small problem, when I type 192.168.1.9:4441, I'm redirected to unraid home tab :

image.png.5b352b6a18027a104c6a9b5f622f1fba.png

Do you have an idea why ?

I can access to /wp-admin/

Thank you

It's how you installed it and wordpress is directing the home page to :80 port, I assume you are playing with it locally. Try this, login to wp-admin, go to settings and see if you can change the home site address to 192.168.1.9:4441, if you can't change it try to update permalinks, and if still not working delete both MB & WP folders and reinstall again. Let me know what worked, quite common question and I usually just recommend to reinstall. But well give it a go,

Kru-x

8 minutes ago, Alex.b said:

Hello,

Yes already changed homesite adress and permalink. I just want to move my dev WP website from XAMP on my local computer to unRAID docker.

So I reinstall WP docker and copy files again ?

Smart move,

So you already have development site that you want to move, and non of the above working? The "problem" with WP is that all info is stored in the DB and it wont help to just copy the files over, if the site is something you have work on for a while that you don't want to loose the easiest way that I use all the time is to install the brilliant plugin "Duplicator pro" on your development site and compact your whole site and transfer to the root folder and install it again, that will take care of all redirections. You could possibly change the site's url with one of the suggestions in https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-change-your-wordpress-site-urls-step-by-step/

Hope it helps,

Kru-x

On 5/12/2020 at 3:26 PM, Kru-x said:

Ill think you find it running much smoother in a container, instead having a full blown Operating system you use the minimal one in the container. The WP container is the the official container in the docker hub  https://hub.docker.com/_/wordpress, very smart guys maintaining it.

My site is getting high scores when bench-marking the site even thought my unraid server is a 10 year old HP micro server with 8MB ram. Ok my site is not a high traffic site but I am really impressed of the performance and love the setup, can fire up a copy or a new site in minutes and toss them away when I am done with them.

Sold? ;-)

Kru-x

Hey, @Kru-xthis has me tempted to play with your tools.  I have 3 Wordpress sites in mind that I would run.  All 3 are at different domains.  One is a simple site with minimal data, traffic, and plugins.  Site 2 has several GB of image files in the media folder but still has minimal traffic.  Site 3 is a WooCommerce site with 100GB of image files and paypal and credit card processing and the goodies.  Can I run all 3 on my unRaid server? 

I have Gigibit ethernet from Google Fiber with a single IP address.  The unRaid server is Xeon 2670 based with 64GB ram.

11 minutes ago, tr0910 said:

Hey, @Kru-xthis has me tempted to play with your tools.  I have 3 Wordpress sites in mind that I would run.  All 3 are at different domains.  One is a simple site with minimal data, traffic, and plugins.  Site 2 has several GB of image files in the media folder but still has minimal traffic.  Site 3 is a WooCommerce site with 100GB of image files and paypal and credit card processing and the goodies.  Can I run all 3 on my unRaid server? 

I have Gigibit ethernet from Google Fiber with a single IP address.  The unRaid server is Xeon 2670 based with 64GB ram.

Hi tr0910,

I have no doubt that they would run smooth and you most likely have a quicker/better setup than many of the providers out there, not knowing yours thought. You'll be surprised of how easy it is, the storage is your's so no problems with file sizes.

The only caution I have is with the credit card processing, not that I think it would be much problem to run it but you might want to be able to track the IP-addresses of your clients or purchasers. I know there is a workaround but never had the need to bother about it, but WP is inside a containers and will only see the IP-address from inside the container. Believe it is a setup in Nginx that can forward the right addresses to inside the container.

Hope it helps and keep us updated,

Kru-x

• Like 1
On 5/7/2020 at 2:28 AM, Kru-x said:

So install the MariaDB container with port 3306 (default port numbers for DB's in most cases) if not in use, then in the WordPress container where it says WORDPRESS_DB_HOST: add your "server IP":port eg 192.168.1.100:3306 and then WordPress can talk to the DB container. You also have to add DB_user and Password and if you have not changed it in the MariaDB container you can use "wordpress" as the user and the same for password.

Then when clicking on the icon it should direct you to 192.168.1.100:8080 and WordPress can talk to the database in the background and you can continue installation and use it locally.

Ok, I have installed WP and MariaDB multiple times to try and get connection going.  I assume this is the best way to start and then bring NPM along later.  I keep getting "Error establishing a database connection"  I have the following in MariaDB

Host Port 1 :3306

Key1 : 99

Key2 : 100

Key3 : 0

And in WP

Container port: 8080

WORDPRESS_DB_HOST: 192.168.13.142:3306

WORDPRESS_DB_USER: 99

WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD: 0

I've created and recreated the containers multiple times without getting past the database error.  It seems editing the container is no good as that takes me to a http://192.168.13.142:8080/ "Problem with the connection error"

Each time I create a new mariaDB container and WP container, I call it a new name Wordpress2 and store it in a new appdata folder etc...

What stupid thing am I doing wrong?

43 minutes ago, tr0910 said:

Ok, I have installed WP and MariaDB multiple times to try and get connection going.  I assume this is the best way to start and then bring NPM along later.  I keep getting "Error establishing a database connection"  I have the following in MariaDB

Host Port 1 :3306

Key1 : 99

Key2 : 100

Key3 : 0

And in WP

Container port: 8080

WORDPRESS_DB_HOST: 192.168.13.142:3306

WORDPRESS_DB_USER: 99

WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD: 0

I've created and recreated the containers multiple times without getting past the database error.  It seems editing the container is no good as that takes me to a http://192.168.13.142:8080/ "Problem with the connection error"

Each time I create a new mariaDB container and WP container, I call it a new name Wordpress2 and store it in a new appdata folder etc...

What stupid thing am I doing wrong?

WP WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD: left blank? 0 in the MB database means no password. Or?

Just now, tr0910 said:

I am just trying to get it to communicate in any way.  Maybe something else is wrong?

What is your normal way to get it to work?

So that was not the problem? I think you might get the "Error establishing a database connection" on a wrong password as it is trying to use the root user for the DB. If not mayby try other ports, 8080 is often used by other containers, but then you should get a fault when starting the container.

Is your settings looking like this? (see attached screen shots)

12 minutes ago, Kru-x said:

So that was not the problem? I think you might get the "Error establishing a database connection" on a wrong password as it is trying to use the root user for the DB. If not mayby try other ports, 8080 is often used by other containers, but then you should get a fault when starting the container.

Is your settings looking like this? (see attached screen shots)

Ok, I just deleted the mariaDB passwords from the WP container setup and suddenly it works.  WP is installed and the dashboard is up now. 

Is that what you do with passwords for setup.  Ignore them?

Edited by tr0910