New issue copying files from windows 10

chuga

Hi,

I just noticed an issue when trying to copy a file from a windows 10 PC to unraid via explorer.  I could not copy to any folder (the red circle with slash through it).

I rebooted the windows 10 PC, then the unraid server. Upgraded from 6.8.1 to 6.8.2.  Still no luck.

Then I tried going into a sub directory and was able to copy.   For example - I can't copy to \movies but I can copy to \movies\action.

I have not changed anything in ages on the unraid server (settings, etc) -but I checked anyway my user permissions on the share it was OK.

the only thing I can think of is over the last week the new windows 10 version 1909 installed-  could that have changed something that does not allow copying to a top level directory?

ideas?

thanks

also - just checked on windows 10PC and SMB 1.0 was still enabled...figured maybe something to do with SMB.

Edited by chuga

thanks - I tried quite a few of this with no luck.

I ran the docker-permissions tool to reset share permissions.

I also uninstalled SMB1.0 from windows 10 as I read recently that Unraid upgraded it's SMB support. 

no luck.   For any of my top level directories I cannot copy files- but if I open any directory I can then drag/drop and copy a file into it.

any other suggestions?

thanks

• 1 month later...

Did you ever figure anything out about this? I've got the same problem and I can also determine it's not an UnRaid issue but a Win10 one. I have the same problem copying to my unraid server and to my windows based media server. And it started happening about the same time your problem did so I'm figuring it's an update that's causing the issue. 

On 4/6/2020 at 12:39 AM, b4utrust said:

Did you ever figure anything out about this? I've got the same problem and I can also determine it's not an UnRaid issue but a Win10 one. I have the same problem copying to my unraid server and to my windows based media server. And it started happening about the same time your problem did so I'm figuring it's an update that's causing the issue. 

Hi,

no - never fixed it.  I still can't copy to any of the top level directories.

I also built a new windows 10 PC / fresh install etc and it has the same issue.

good luck!

• 3 years later...