[SOLVED] Random reboots

rmp5s

I'm trying to figure out why one of my unRAID servers is rebooting.  It'll be up for 6-8 days at a time, then reboot.  I've gone through the logs (attached) and the only thing I see is that it says "unclean shutdown detected".  Nothing about why it's actually doing it.

Anyone see anything in the log as to WHY it's rebooting?  I've been troubleshooting this for a couple months now and I still have no idea why it's doing this.  I moved the RAM sticks into the correct slots on the motherboard, disabled a few plugins, disabled Docker, now I'm going to disable the VM service and see if it still reboots.

I'm thinking about starting up the syslog server on the thing to see if I can find out what's going on...anyone have any other ideas?

Machine is an HP Proliant DL360e G8 Server with 2x E5-2430 CPUs, 64GB RAM and 2 8TB drives, a 3TB drive, an 8TB parity drive and a 240GB NVMe SSD running version 6.8.0.

I have another unRAID install, same version, running on an HP ProLiant DL380p G8 Server with 2x E5-2667v2, 64GB RAM, etc that is rock solid.  

tower-syslog-20200209-1647.zip

It actually started at ~8:20pm.  But net result is the same.  Eventually one snuck through that ECC didn't correct and your system rebooted (although I was under the impression that most systems with ECC would simply halt at that point, but maybe I'm wrong).  Either way, your memory definitely doesn't look very good.

26 minutes ago, Squid said:

It actually started at ~8:20pm.  But net result is the same.  Eventually one snuck through that ECC didn't correct and your system rebooted (although I was under the impression that most systems with ECC would simply halt at that point, but maybe I'm wrong).  Either way, your memory definitely doesn't look very good.

Time for some MemTest fun!

Thanks.

• rmp5s changed the title to [SOLVED] Random reboots