which pci or pcie sata card with 4 or 8 ports could spin down/up the hdd

Eisi2005

Hi,

ißm searching for an pci or pcie sata card with 4 or 8 ports that realy could spin down/up the hdd´s. I have an LSI 1068e Controller here but the most people reported that spin down/up not working.

I need the expansion in 4-5 month when my capacities exhausted. Is there any chance that the lsi1068e work fine in one of the next unraid rlses ? Or should i buy an ohter card ?

Greets

Eisi

Hi,

ißm searching for an pci or pcie sata card with 4 or 8 ports that realy could spin down/up the hdd´s. I have an LSI 1068e Controller here but the most people reported that spin down/up not working.

I need the expansion in 4-5 month when my capacities exhausted. Is there any chance that the lsi1068e work fine in one of the next unraid rlses ? Or should i buy an ohter card ?

Greets

Eisi

If you can wait 4-5 month, why not wait.

Otherwise, here is a list of supported cards. Wiki : Hardware_Compatibility - PCI SATA Controllers

Hi,

thx for the fast answer. Why not wait ? Good question :) I think i will wait the 4-5 month before i buy the new card, but i will be informed :)

Did i need an SATA 2 Card or will a SATA 1 Card enough ? Sata1 is faster then my network or i´m wrong ?

Greets

Eisi

Correct, SATA I is faster than your network, so it is good enough.

If you are able to find it, I highly recommend the Supermicro AOC-SASLP=MV8.  It is probably the best SATA expansion card for unRAID that is currently available, but I know it is hard to find in certain parts of the world (like Europe).

Archived