VM with Nvidia GPU crashes system

I am trying to setup a Ubuntu VM with a Nvidia GPU passed through. The GPU is not the primary GPU in the system so passthrough shouldn't be an issue. I am running a Threadripper 1920X on the AsRock X399 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming. The GPUs in the system are Quadro K4000 (primary), GT 730, Quadro K2000. I am trying to pass through the Quadro K2000. When I start the VM the VM and docker managers hang then the whole system hangs. A clean shutdown is not possible. The error in the system log is libvirtd tainted and then a stack trace which clearly indicates the GPU is the problem. For reference, I have other VM's running without GPUs with no issue at all. UnRAID Nvidia version 6.8.2. Diagnostics are attached.

VM settings:

CPU Mode: Host Passthrough

Machine: Q35-4.2

USB Controller: 2.0

GPU 1: VNC

GPU 2: Quadro K2000

Sound Card: Quadro audio

tower-diagnostics-20200209-1621.zip

13 hours ago, xl3b4n0nx said:

I don't think you can run both VNC and passed-through GPU at the same time. It has never worked that way for me.

If you want remote access, Ubuntu has its own screenshare (which is essentially VNC server) or you can install other solutions e.g. NoMachine using VNC first. Then change VNC to the GPU.

On 2/10/2020 at 6:18 AM, testdasi said:

I don't think you can run both VNC and passed-through GPU at the same time. It has never worked that way for me.

If you want remote access, Ubuntu has its own screenshare (which is essentially VNC server) or you can install other solutions e.g. NoMachine using VNC first. Then change VNC to the GPU.

I tried your suggestion and got the same problem. It seems unraid has bound all of my GPUs even though 2 are not in use at all.