[Support] xthursdayx - UNRAID Docker Templates

Summary: Support Thread for xthursdayx's UNRAID Docker Templates (Coturn, Roon, YACReaderLibraryServer, etc... links in the second post)

Templates: https://github.com/xthursdayx/docker-templates

Specific descriptions and installation procedures for each container will be added below.

If you appreciate my work please consider buying me a coffee, cheers! 😁

Donate

For single Docker container support threads, please see here:

Coturn

Ferdium Server

gPodder

RoonServer

Shiori

YACReaderLibraryServer

Retired docker container templates:

SearXNG

Edited by xthursdayx

Coturn support thread moved here: 

RoonServer support thread moved here:

YACReaderLibraryServer support thread moved here:

Application Name: Lingva

Description: Docker image for Lingva - an privacy-oriented alternative front-end for Google Translate, serving as a Free and Open Source translator with over a hundred languages available, without any of Google’s associated tracking. 

GitHub: https://github.com/TheDavidDelta/lingva-translate

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/thedaviddelta/lingva-translate

Instructions:
Running Lingva can be as simple as pulling the image using my template in Community Apps, and filling out the template to mount container port 3000 to your chosen host post and add an environmental variable of the domain where you will host Lingva (e.g. lingva.example.com). However, you will need to set up a reverse proxy using a website ever such as NGINX (perhaps via Swag), in order to connect to Lingva via https and host Lingva outside of your local network. There is correctly, no authentication associated with Lingva so if you want to limit access I recommend using an .htaccess file.

Thanks to TheDavidDelta for this image!

Edited by xthursdayx
On 2/13/2020 at 10:57 PM, ZosoPage1963 said:

I know that there are more than a few of us that would like to use this to get nextcloud talk to work.  Any possibility of doing a step by step for those of us that are not at that technical level yet?

Sorry, I don't use Coturn for Nextcloud Talk, so I won't be able to tell you how to do that. My suggestion is to look up other posts about this and try to find suggestions for how to set up your turnserver.conf. For example, this guide seems pretty straightforward: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/howto-setup-nextcloud-talk-with-turn-server/30794

Here is the section of the Nextcloud docs where they talk about using Coturn: https://nextcloud-talk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/TURN/

Edited by xthursdayx
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 11:17 AM, xthursdayx said:

Sorry, I don't use Coturn for Nextcloud Talk, so I won't be able to tell you how to do that. My suggestion is to look up other posts about this and try to find suggestions for how to set up your turnserver.conf. For example, this gudie seems pretty straightforward: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/howto-setup-nextcloud-talk-with-turn-server/30794

Here is the section of the Nextcloud docs where they talk about using Coturn: https://nextcloud-talk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/TURN/

thank you very much for your time!

• 1 month later...

The Synclounge Docker looks interesting.  Is the performance much improved over using the https://synclounge.tv/? I have found that pretty unusable with my friends for months now.  I'm thinking this may be a good project to tackle as it also involves other things I am curious about.

Thanks

On 5/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, storagehound said:

The Synclounge Docker looks interesting.  Is the performance much improved over using the https://synclounge.tv/? I have found that pretty unusable with my friends for months now.  I'm thinking this may be a good project to tackle as it also involves other things I am curious about.

Thanks

To be honest, I'm still experimenting with it myself. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test the container as much I would like, because of the limited number of platforms that actually work with Synclounge (this is apparently an issue with Plex, not Synclounge). For example, Plex Web Player and the Plex PS4 app do not work with Synclounge at present. The main reason I was interested in self-hosting Synclounge was because of privacy concerns rather than performance, because I never actually used the public instance. That being said, if your server has a decent amount of RAM and processing power, you have a strong internet connection, and don't have a huge amount of concurrent users, I would imagine that performance should be better than the public instance, since their hardware might not be up to the current demand as a result of COVID-19... 

I'm interested to hear how it works out though, so please do post here if you decide to try out this template/container. It will also be a good opportunity to give the developer feedback on the docker container. 

**EDIT**: It looks like Linuxserver has put out their own Synclounge Docker image since I first created my UNRAID template for Starbix's original Synclounge image. Their image doesn't have an UNRAID template yet, but it may be worth waiting for that, since their container is likely to be kept up to date and have better support the original Synclounge docker container. 

Edited by xthursdayx
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

To be honest, I'm still experimenting with it myself. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test the container as much I would like, because of the limited number of platforms that actually work with Synclounge (this is apparently an issue with Plex, not Synclounge). For example, Plex Web Player and the Plex PS4 app do not work with Synclounge at present. The main reason I was interested in self-hosting Synclounge was because of privacy concerns rather than performance, because I never actually used the public instance. That being said, if your server has a decent amount of RAM and processing power, you have a strong internet connection, and don't have a huge amount of concurrent users, I would imagine that performance should be better than the public instance, since their hardware might not be up to the current demand as a result of COVID-19... 

I'm interested to hear how it works out though, so please do post here if you decide to try out this template/container. It will also be a good opportunity to give the developer feedback on the docker container. 

**EDIT**: It looks like Linuxserver has put out their own Synclounge Docker image since I first created my UNRAID template for Starbix's original Synclounge image. Their image doesn't have an UNRAID template yet, but it may be worth waiting for that, since their container is likely to be kept up to date and have better support the original Synclounge docker container. 

Thanks for responding and the good info.  I agree with you about the security aspect. It was one of the other things that appealed to me.  I like the idea of waiting a little bit for the Synclounge Docker container.  I'm not that savvy and definitely would appreciate regular maintenance as a plus.  I'll think on it.  it may be fun to do yours  as an exercise.
Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

Hi can someone help with a few questions on the YACServer docker?

1. Am I supposed to copy/paste the steps into the _Console of the docker?

2. Is there a web console? If yes, how do I change the port from 8080 to sound else? I tried changing WebUI and Host Port to 5050, but I get connection confused.

Sorry, new to dockers and thanks!

EDIT:

I believe I was able to figure this out and I wanted to help others who are interested in creating their own YAC server. My tips are for those who are installing via Community Apps. 

(xthursday or anyone, please feel free to correct my assumptions/mistakes)

• To run the commands provided in the instructions, you will need to use the terminal and not the docker's console. The terminal is located at the top right of the UNRAID GUI as an icon that looks like this:  >_
  • If you downloaded xthursdayx's docker from community apps, then DO NOT do step 1 or step 5. I believe:
    • Step 1 is to install the docker which CA is already doing. I think you're only supposed to do this step if you aren't installing via CA?
    • Step 5 is only if you want to remove your generated library for YAC server.
  • Step 2a or Step 2b
    • Step 2a is if you want to create a new library which will be most new installs
    • Step 2b is if you are updating an existing library that you previously created.
  • <library-name> is whatever you want it to be. 

Edited by roobix
added tips that helped me run the YAC Server Docker
  • 1 month later...

Can someone help me find the yacreaderlibrary.ini file? i see this comment and command in the dockerfile on github, but I can't seem to actually locate it using Krusader..

ADD YACReaderLibrary.ini /root/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/

The reason I'm asking is because I'm getting this error in the yacserver log and I think I read somewhere that I just need to change the port in the ini to something other than 8080. I've done that in Unraid, but someone thinks it might be related to the setting in the ini file. It only happens when i try to access my server from an Ipad:

WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:44.039 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:44.041 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:44.037 QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700', old connection removed.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:44.039 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:44.041 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:46.837 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:46.838 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:47.604 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:47.608 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARN 2020-09-29T23:09:47.629 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary14b6d12a0700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

Edited by roobix
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 3:04 AM, roobix said:

Can someone help me find the yacreaderlibrary.ini file? i see this comment and command in the dockerfile on github, but I can't seem to actually locate it using Krusader..

ADD YACReaderLibrary.ini /root/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/

The reason I'm asking is because I'm getting this error in the yacserver log and I think I read somewhere that I just need to change the port in the ini to something other than 8080. I've done that in Unraid, but someone thinks it might be related to the setting in the ini file. It only happens when i try to access my server from an Ipad

The YACReaderLibrary.ini file is in a directory inside of the running YACReaderLibraryServer container - `/root/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/`. It is not mounted to any directory on your host server. So, you wouldn't be able to access it without entering the docker container via `docker exec -it <container name> /bin/sh` from command line. However, that won't help you, since the way that this docker container is configured is based on exposing port 8080. You can, of course, change the external port that YACReaderLibraryServer is accessed on by updating your docker template, but internally that port will still be mapped to 8080. If you change the YACReaderLibraryServer port in the YACReaderLibrary.ini file you will need a new Dockerfile that exposes your new port instead of 8080, thus you'd need a different docker image designed to expose that port.

If you're inclined to trouble shoot this issue, you could fork my docker image repo and then change the listed port in the bundled YACReaderLibrary.ini file, change the dockerfile to expose your preferred port, and push your image to Docker Hub so you can try it out on your own machine by subbing your repo for mine in the docker template on Unraid. 

On 10/11/2020 at 8:03 PM, PawelKa said:

1) How to use indywidual serverlist?

2) Where is files from /appdata/synclongue in docker ?

Sorry, I won't be providing support for the Starbix Synclouge container any longer since Linuxserver released an updated docker image here: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-synclounge

It is also available in the Community Apps plugin. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2020 at 11:34 AM, oldirtdog said:

Any update on the YACReader server docker container? The current version doesn’t allow for reading progress sync between device and server. The app developer has told me the version needs to be upgraded for it to do this again. 

This docker container is designed to check for and (if necessary) download the most up-to-date version of YACReader at run time. If your container is not updating, you can try to delete the current container and pull the container again to see if that will properly update YACReader. 

I will note that I'm using the same container and haven't had any problem syncing reading progress...

I'm having difficulty creating a library with the YacReaderLibraryServer docker.  I've typed in "step 2a" into the console and it returns with an error:

"! _7z.c:200: 7z support requires 7z SDK (define HAVE_7Z)" over and over.

I've googled "7z SDK for Unraid" and haven't turned up anything.  I've installed (what I think is) the 7zip plug-in from the Nerd Pack but this didn't fix the issue.

I'm new to Unraid so would appreciate an assist.

Thanks in advance for your time.

23 hours ago, Salted11 said:

I'm having difficulty creating a library with the YacReaderLibraryServer docker.  I've typed in "step 2a" into the console and it returns with an error:

"! _7z.c:200: 7z support requires 7z SDK (define HAVE_7Z)" over and over.

I've googled "7z SDK for Unraid" and haven't turned up anything.  I've installed (what I think is) the 7zip plug-in from the Nerd Pack but this didn't fix the issue.

I'm new to Unraid so would appreciate an assist.

Thanks in advance for your time.

You can ignore that error (unless you have comics in 7zip format). The error has to do with the 7zip backend YACReader used to use being broken.

Your library should have been created just fine despite the error. Have you tried checking the YACReaderLibraryServer WebUI to see if it shows your library?

I have found it helpful to run the YACReaderLibrary on a windows / Mac workstation and connect it to that directory.  You can run the update process from the command line on the headless version, but I find the workstation version to be a better test.  Also, you can setup reading lists, tags, etc that will follow over to the other devices.  If you do this, do you see the folders and files?

Also, this might seem silly, but when you set your /comics directory in the docker settings, does that folder actually contain and show the files you want to use?

5 hours ago, oldirtdog said:

Also, this might seem silly, but when you set your /comics directory in the docker settings, does that folder actually contain and show the files you want to use?

This is a good suggestion - as long as the docker container's /comics directory is mapped to the location of your comics on your UNRAID host then the command: docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library <library-name> /comics, should work (with <library-name> changed to whatever you want to name your library, e.g. docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library Comics /comics.

@Salted11, when you say that you "see the yacreaderlibrary folder created in [your] share", do you mean the yacreaderlibrary appdata folder? Because that isn't actually where the library information is stored. The library is stored in a dot directory in at /comics.

Edited by xthursdayx

All,

I appreciate everyone's assistance.  It turns out the solution was (somewhat embarassingly) a matter of patience on my part.

The comments from olddirtdog got me thinking.  The placement of my files was correct; I had set up in tandem an ubooquity for the same files.  I've used yacreader for years but recently moved away from Apple products (with the exception of one tablet that I still use) and ubooquity with Kaboo is a great option for Android.  When I followed olddirtdog's advice to try to setup yacreader within a VM, the program worked correctly (ie: the library was created and visible) but I remarked how long it took to run through all of the files.

This, coupled with xthursdayx's comment to "ignore the 7z warning" made me realize that I had been cancelling the original operation, thinking there was a persistent error and thus did not even let the library creation run its course.

Thus, using the yacreader docker, I repeated "step 2a" and ignoring the persistent errors being raised on the Command Line, waited a similar amount of time and now have a library.

Again, thanks for the feedback, it was very useful.

• 4 weeks later...

honestly, I'm not familiar with the comic vine scraper... I use Mylar to get everything organized, labeled, tagged, etc., so I haven't had a need to use it... it could be permissions... are you able to add comics, update read status, etc from the YACReader client?  If so, that should be all you need for permissions...