Booting without GPU

xxbryantd

Im attempting to get my server to boot without a graphic card installed, but I get an error code on the bios when no card in inserted.

I have a ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 ATX Motherboard, with a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X  installed. Is it possible to boot without a graphics card, and if so how?

Edited by xxbryantd
25 minutes ago, xxbryantd said:

Im attempting to get my server to boot without a graphic card installed, but I get an error code on the bios when no card in inserted.

I have a ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 ATX Motherboard, with a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X  installed. Is it possible to boot without a graphics card, and if so how?

That is a function of your motherboard and it’s BIOS, and has nothing to do with Unraid (which is happy to run headless).   I would consult the Motherboard’s User manual to see if this is possible.

7 hours ago, xxbryantd said:

Unfortunately your only choices are to get a low-end GPU for it to boot or get a new motherboard (with no guarantee that it would work headless).

This is what I have been saying for a while. Ability to boot headless is hardware dependent and cannot be assumed.

Edited by testdasi