[Support] - Storj v3 docker

• 1 month later...

I'd like to learn more about Graceful Exits. I have everything up and running, but there are still chances of gaps in availability when the container updates, I restart my server, etc. What does "leaving a Satellite" (Storj's words) mean for this docker?

Should I avoid auto-updating this container and run a Graceful Exit each time it goes offline? Or is there a time limit that I need to re-appear online before I'm considered "offline"?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 7:46 PM, rm414 said:

I'd like to learn more about Graceful Exits. I have everything up and running, but there are still chances of gaps in availability when the container updates, I restart my server, etc. What does "leaving a Satellite" (Storj's words) mean for this docker?

Should I avoid auto-updating this container and run a Graceful Exit each time it goes offline? Or is there a time limit that I need to re-appear online before I'm considered "offline"?

Anyone have an answer for this? I would like to update the server, but I want to know if Graceful Exit is needed before I update the server, or if I can do the update (usually about 5 minutes) and be okay for the downtime. Or is it needed when you want to leave the network/project entirely?

Anyone have an answer for this? I would like to update the server, but I want to know if Graceful Exit is needed before I update the server, or if I can do the update (usually about 5 minutes) and be okay for the downtime. Or is it needed when you want to leave the network/project entirely?

You’ll be fine. The polling for availability is over a long period. Server updates won’t be noticed.
  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, my setup is working since more than 1 year.. but recently since a few weeks/months my docker always go down by itself because of an auto update feature that wasnt there before...  Before I would update my docker manually in Unraid... now the docker update itself automatically and everything does offline I almost got disqualified because of this... I tryed adding addiing a variable --restart with "unless-stopped" value but same problem... is there a way to disable this autoupdate and return to previous behaviour ? Thank you

On 7/26/2022 at 8:24 AM, burgess22 said:

do you think this would have any issues if you pointed the storage to an unassigned device? just wondering if it would be beneficial that way, so its not writing to the parity all the time?

Bad idea. What will happen when your unassigned disk die? You'll lose your storj and all the time you put in it....  Just assign your share to one drive only and no problem writing to the parity this is your protection. you could use cache for your new file but some file may stay in use the cache. You would have do sometime turn off the docker and start mover

Edited by cybex
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 8:07 AM, cybex said:

Hi, my setup is working since more than 1 year.. but recently since a few weeks/months my docker always go down by itself because of an auto update feature that wasnt there before...  Before I would update my docker manually in Unraid... now the docker update itself automatically and everything does offline I almost got disqualified because of this... I tryed adding addiing a variable --restart with "unless-stopped" value but same problem... is there a way to disable this autoupdate and return to previous behaviour ? Thank you

I think I finaly fixed it, I think my restart policy was wrong... I had put it in variable section instead of extra parameters.

I'll have to wait until next update to see.

Edited by cybex
  • 2 months later...

Hey folks! I setup a Storj account and was thinking about using it as a way to backup my server itself. Is there any sort of container or setup to configure this with unraid? As I read through this thread I see this is more about letting people use your server as a backup but I am seeking a way to back up my server to Storj. 

Is the only option via their CLI tools?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lucas Mietke said:

Hi

I have the node running successfully with a 4TB hard drive via Unassined Devices.

Now I would like to set up a 2nd identical Docker node with a 2nd hard drive.

Unfortunately, I can't set up the docker again.

Can anyone give me a hint?

I haven't tried this specifically with Storj, but with other duplicate dockers as long as you name them differently on install it will just create another copy - the app data doesn't know or care about other containers that are installed.

The only problem would potentially be on the Storj side, with having to route two separate nodes off the same public IP.

I'd also be curious if 2x 4TB nodes generates more income/usage than 1x 8TB node.

6 minutes ago, rm414 said:

I haven't tried this specifically with Storj, but with other duplicate dockers as long as you name them differently on install it will just create another copy - the app data doesn't know or care about other containers that are installed.

The only problem would potentially be on the Storj side, with having to route two separate nodes off the same public IP.

I'd also be curious if 2x 4TB nodes generates more income/usage than 1x 8TB node.

Thanks for the tip that worked.

I change all ports and now create a new identity.

Apparently there is no problem with the same IP since a node uses a maximum of 10% of your line (somehow I understood it that way) so several nodes make more sense than a share (2 hard drives to connect with only one node)

So the 2nd Docker is created.

I have changed all ports but unfortunately it doesn't start because there are always errors connecting to the satellites (I see in the log) I can't connect to the web server either.

I assume so because I can't change the private server port.

Anyone have any idea?

1.PNG

Edited by Lucas Mietke
  • 1 month later...

I just had the storj docker update to v1.71.2 but it seems to autoupdate it self and not show there is an update pending in unraid (i dont have any auto update options running) and other dockers show an update pending for me to manually update them.

any ideas why this is? its auto updated and shut the docker off and not restarted it

anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks

On 2/1/2023 at 7:44 PM, bigup said:

I just had the storj docker update to v1.71.2 but it seems to autoupdate it self and not show there is an update pending in unraid (i dont have any auto update options running) and other dockers show an update pending for me to manually update them.

any ideas why this is? its auto updated and shut the docker off and not restarted it

anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks

I think you are mistaken that the docker container did not update.  I think the container updated, and the new code allowed it to pull the 1.71.2 update.  Reason i'm saying this is that I had an update, I did it, then I watched the log and it pulled the update after I ran the unraid update.  Also, mine stopped many times due to github timeouts.  I'm guessing thats why your container stopped as well.  I have two storj, one in the US and one in Korea.  The one in the US update automatically and restarted with no issues and the one in Korea is set to manual and gave me alot of timeouts when trying to restart the container, so maybe the update servers were just overloaded/down.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i have moved my cache to another drive and have made a backup before with "Backup/Restore Appdata". I have also copied the storj-certs folder. I could restore every Docker app. But with storj i have errors. I have restored every App and copied the certs into the same location. Here is the log: 

2023-02-27T17:50:04.625+0100    INFO    Anonymized tracing enabled      {"Process": "storagenode"}
2023-02-27T17:50:04.626+0100    ERROR   Failed to load identity.        {"Process": "storagenode", "error": "file or directory not found: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory", "errorVerbose": "file or directory not found: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:333\n\tmain.cmdRun:182\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92\n\tmain.main:478\n\truntime.main:250"}
Error: Failed to load identity: file or directory not found: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory
        storj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:333
        main.cmdRun:182
        storj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377
        storj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395
        github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852
        github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960
        github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897
        storj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92
        main.main:478
        runtime.main:250
2023-02-27 17:50:04,629 INFO exited: storagenode (exit status 1; not expected)
2023-02-27 17:50:06,635 INFO spawned: 'storagenode' with pid 74
2023-02-27 17:50:06,641 INFO spawned: 'storagenode-updater' with pid 75
2023-02-27T17:50:06.698+0100    INFO    Configuration loaded    {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Location": "/app/config/config.yaml"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.699+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "server.private-address"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.700+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "operator.wallet-features"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.701+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "healthcheck.enabled"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.702+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "healthcheck.details"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.707+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "console.address"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.707+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "server.address"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.707+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "storage.allocated-disk-space"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.708+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "storage.allocated-bandwidth"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.708+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "operator.wallet"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.708+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "operator.email"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.708+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file key  {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "contact.external-address"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.708+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file value for key        {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "log.encoding"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.708+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file value for key        {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "log.level"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.708+0100    INFO    Invalid configuration file value for key        {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "Key": "log.output"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.712+0100    INFO    Anonymized tracing enabled      {"Process": "storagenode-updater"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.721+0100    FATAL   Error loading identity. {"Process": "storagenode-updater", "error": "file or directory not found: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory", "errorVerbose": "file or directory not found: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:333\n\tmain.cmdRun:108\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92\n\tmain.main:20\n\truntime.main:250"}
2023-02-27 17:50:06,727 INFO exited: storagenode-updater (exit status 1; not expected)
2023-02-27T17:50:06.756+0100    INFO    Configuration loaded    {"Process": "storagenode", "Location": "/app/config/config.yaml"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.756+0100    INFO    Anonymized tracing enabled      {"Process": "storagenode"}
2023-02-27T17:50:06.757+0100    ERROR   Failed to load identity.        {"Process": "storagenode", "error": "file or directory not found: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory", "errorVerbose": "file or directory not found: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:333\n\tmain.cmdRun:182\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92\n\tmain.main:478\n\truntime.main:250"}
Error: Failed to load identity: file or directory not found: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory

My storj-certs folder looks like this:

image.png.70328513ff67a26b273184126e764468.png

He misses an identity.key File. But there was no file with this name before. Someone has an idea?