How to switch to single parity?

iveo83

I had a 4TB drive parity. I precleared and installed a 10TB parity drive. I selected this one as parity2. That finished building the parity on the 10TB but now I want to make 10TB Parity1 and 4TB storage. I tried selecting no device for parity but it's not working and won't let me change formats. Ideas?

Edit:

I should add I'm fine with having no parity if I need to delete them both and rebuild to the 10TB to make it parity1

Also can I just remove 4TB drive from array and preclear it to format. Then just leave 10TB as parity2 (does it matter?) or preclear that also then rebuild?

Edited by iveo83

Parity1 and Parity2 are different calculations, not interchangeable at all. So, if you really want the 10TB as Parity1, it will have to be rebuilt. However, there is no reason you can't leave it as Parity2 and leave Parity1 empty. The only downsides would be that Parity2 is more processor intensive and doesn't allow data slot rearrangement while staying valid like Parity1.

Either way, going to tools, new config and preserve current assignments : all  will allow you to make any changes you wish. IF you keep the 10TB as Parity2 and don't assign the 4TB to any drive slots you can select the box telling Unraid that parity is still valid.

However, if you want to move the 10TB to Parity1 and assign the 4TB as a data drive you can do that all at the same time and let Unraid build new parity including the 4TB so you don't have to clear or preclear it. In that case do NOT select the parity is valid box.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Parity1 and Parity2 are different calculations, not interchangeable at all. So, if you really want the 10TB as Parity1, it will have to be rebuilt. However, there is no reason you can't leave it as Parity2 and leave Parity1 empty. The only downsides would be that Parity2 is more processor intensive and doesn't allow data slot rearrangement while staying valid like Parity1.

Either way, going to tools, new config and preserve current assignments : all  will allow you to make any changes you wish. IF you keep the 10TB as Parity2 and don't assign the 4TB to any drive slots you can select the box telling Unraid that parity is still valid.

However, if you want to move the 10TB to Parity1 and assign the 4TB as a data drive you can do that all at the same time and let Unraid build new parity including the 4TB so you don't have to clear or preclear it. In that case do NOT select the parity is valid box.

looks like that worked, thank you so much :D