Major upgrade -migration verification

I am about to upgrade my 5+ year old UR server and would love some feedback on my build ideas.

I will be using the new server as my home NAS, shared Plex server with HW transcoding (GTX1050), VM host for my primary Win 10 PC using GTX1060 passthrough and a long list of Dockers and smaller VM’s

The new build will be based on a Asus x99 Rampage Extreme with a reliable Intel 5960x 8c/16t and 32GB Ram. I am planning on adding a new 1TB NVME M.2 drive as my new cache + a large number of existing HDD’s from my current server and some new data drives. Including standalone? SATA SSD’s for torrents and VM drives.

My questions:

I am not really concerned about cache "data protection" and creating a cache pool. BUT if I wanted to, can I mix NVME and SATA in the cache pool? -any pros / cons?

Any pros / cons to keeping my discrete SSD’s OUT of the cache pool to be used as specific dedicated workload targets? One SSD will be dedicated to my Torrent docker. One will be dedicated for my W10 VM…

OR do I put all the SSD’s including the NVME drive into the cache pool and just let all the data live in the default locations? I don’t recall if there is any sort of load balancing in the cache pool…

When migrating from my old server, Can I (should I) simply put the current USB flash boot drive in the new system and start everything up?  – OR should I start fresh and build up the new server with a NEW boot flash and migrate my dockers, VM’s, existing data drives etc under a trial license? Then move the license over to the new server? -not sure if this is possible…

Thanks in advance!

Bertrand.